Chapter 19

Chapter 19

May 14th

"Adam, sweetheart, you have a visitor," Mrs Little called her son from downstairs.

Adam wondered who this visitor was. He wasn't expecting anyone and he wasn't really interested in seeing who this person was. Maybe it was Tasha coming to talk to him in person about the baby.

It wasn't Tasha.

It was Ethan.

Adam looked at the time.

It was quite early so how could Ethan get all the way here from Yongeborough? And with a hangover, as well. Adam knew that he wouldn't have been able to do it.

What was he going to say when Ethan asked about his house?

He wasn't really into the idea of telling his friend that he was extremely rich and he didn't have to get a job. He had money growing on trees in his life so he didn't have to worry about anything like getting a job.

"Ethan," said Adam, "what are you doing here?"

Mrs Little then left the two friends to talk.

"I thought I would come over and say hello. I can't believe that I remembered where your house was," replied Ethan.

"Yeah. It's not feeling too good anymore."

Adam didn't know what to say. His friends probably thought that he was the biggest snob ever for not telling them he was rich. But he had his reasons and they were perfectly fine.

"So, this is your house?" asked Ethan.

Adam nodded his head, still not sure what to say.

"Can I come in?" asked Ethan.

Adam couldn't really so no to his friend, but he was going to. Maybe in a few years he would let Ethan come in.

"Sorry," said Adam, "we were just about to go out."'

Ethan looked sincerely hurt when Adam turned him down, but Adam didn't know what to do. He didn't want to tell Ethan that he was rich and it was now a hard secret to keep. At least it wasn't as bad as the drinking secret back in year eleven, but it was up there.

"Okay, then," said Ethan, "I guess I will talk to you later."

Adam nodded his head.

"Do you want to meet up for lunch? You can bring Tasha if you like."

Adam nodded his head again, but this time, it was with a smile, "yeah, that sounds good. You know where the shopping centre it?"

"I can find it."

"Wait for us out the front at lunch time."

"Sounds good."

"Okay, see you then."

"Yeah, bye."

Adam was glad that Ethan asked to hang out with and it would also be a good chance to spend some time with Tasha after lunch. And Adam knew that Tasha liked Ethan and they got along well. It would be fun.

As soon as Ethan was gone, Adam raced back up to hos room, despite his throbbing headache. He hoped that Tasha would say yes to coming when she knew that he had a hangover and she was worried about Amy's news.

"I would love to," said Tasha as soon as Adam asked her to come to lunch with Ethan and himself.

"Great. So, I will come and get you soon?" replied Adam.