Chapter 33

Chapter 33

December 19th

Tasha wasn't sure whether or not she wanted to look at her emails. She wasn't sure if she wanted her sister to just do it for her. She was so scared that she would get bad marks for her exams and this was the day that she was able to find out.

She was so nervous.

If Tasha didn't pass a unit, she knew that she would have to do it again and that would have been so embarrassing. Tasha was the type of student who would always get good marks, but after this year, her first year of university, she wasn't so confident any more.

But, it was now or never.

Tasha decided that she needed to look at her emails.

Now.

Maybe it would have been a good idea to call Amy, just to have someone there next to her, or look at her emails for her.

So, with that decided, Tasha stood up from her desk chair and allowed Amy to sit down. Amy was a little confused as to why Tasha couldn't do this herself, but she was going to help.

Tasha looked at her sister, "check my emails for me," she said, "check my marks."

"And you can do this yourself before?" asked Amy.

Tasha sighed, "because I am scared, okay? I am scared I won't pass."

Amy smiled at her sister, "okay," she said, "I'll look for you."

Amy then opened Tasha's laptop and logged onto her emails before she searched for the right email. Amy smiled when she saw Tasha's results and she was so proud of her little sister. Amy then passed her laptop over to her little sister.

"Have a look," said Amy after Tasha took her laptop, "you'll be pleased."

After Tasha read the email, she didn't know what she wanted to do.

She could have jumped up and screamed from the top of her lungs.

Or she could have thrown her laptop on the ground so she could wrap her arms around her big sister.

Tasha could not believe that she had done so well and she was so proud of herself. She had gotten better marks than she thought she would and she was so glad she wouldn't have to redo any units.

"See?" said Amy, "there was no need to be nervous."

"Okay, you were right. I did so well," Tasha exclaimed, "I got all distinctions."

"I am so proud of you. Now, mum wanted you to go down to the shops and get some stuff for the Christmas party."

"Oh," Tasha groaned, "the Christmas party."

This was not something to look forward to. Tasha did not want to go the Christmas party that her parents organized every year. Every year, it was so boring and Tasha would just sit next to her sister, bored out of her mind.

She hated it.

"I know it is boring, Tash, but mum gave me some news that you will like," said Amy.

Tasha's eyes lit up and she smiled.

Did her sister just agree with her?

Amy was usually the one telling Tasha not to be so negative about things. But now it was good how she was agreeing with her sister and Tasha couldn't wait to hear this good news.

"Mum said that you can invite your friends," said Amy.

"What? Are you serious?" replied Tasha.

"Mum said that you can invite your friends," Amy repeated what she just said, "I guess the party won't be so boring after all with Adam being here."