Chapter 22

Carly's POV

I walked into the school and breathed in the familiar smell of perfume and testosterone. Welcome to high school.

I was making my way to my locker when someone blocked my way. "Where do you think your going emo?" the guy said. He was towering over me and looked like he was a football player.

"Too my locker.." I said scared. "Aww look she's scared..." they teased.

"I think she's hot." another guy said pushing me back to a wall. I looked up at him and recognized him. It was Cody, the boy who had helped me when I broke my ankel. I had to cancel our date due to the vacation and I hadn't heard from him since.

"Leave her alone." I heard someone say. I looked over and saw a boy my age with black hair that was swooped off to the side just covering his eyebrows, he had bright blue eyes and was all around perfect.

"What are you gonna do about it emo fag? Cut me?" Cody laughed and continued to try to kiss me.

"I SAID LEAVE HER ALONE!" the boy yelled running at Cody and tackling him to the ground. I watched silently as the boy straddled Cody and punched him hard in the face. After a few minutes Cody pushed the boy off and yelled "You stupid fag you broke my fucking nose! You know what? Take her I couldn't be seen with her anyway."

For some reason that bothered me. What was it soposed to mean?

"You'll both regret this." he said in a threating tone before walking off with him group.

"Are you ok?" the boy asked. "Uh yeah I'm f-fine" I studdered. Why was I studering?

"I'm Aden by the way." he said smiling. Wow his smile was amazing. "I'm Carly."

"So Carly what's your first class?" he asked.

"I have Mrs. Williams for science." I said smiling. Why the hell was I smiling!?

Me too let me walk you." he said. "Thanks but I have to go to my locker first." I said.

We got my stuff and went to Mrs. Williams class. We figured out that we had all but one class together.

"Ok students take your seats!" she said shutting the door.

Most of the day went by in a blur. At lunch me and Aden went outside and sat under a tree. "This is where I usually eat." he said pulling out his lunch. "By yourself?" I asked. "Yeah. I don't have friends. Nobody wants to be seen with an "emo" he said using air quotes around emo.

"Well what if I do?" I asked. "Well I guess that means I've made a friend doesn't it?" he asked. I just laughed and finshed my lunch.

After lunch we went to English. English is my favorite subject so it was pretty easy. Next was Social Studies which was thd one class I didn't have with Aden.

The bell rang and I got up to go to Math, my last class of the day.

About halfway through the class Aden passed me a note

"Hey wana hangout later?" it read. I wrote a simple "Sure" and went back to my work.

When the bell rang I rushed home to get ready...