Bruises

Chapter 26

Alia

"What's going on here?" I question Abella.

She eyes me.

"Do you know these people?" she sternly asks.

I blink from astonishment.

"Don't you reminder Tilly and Kenji? Um, hello? Tilly was your best friend since kindergarten." I stated.

"I don't know what you are talking about..." Abella replies.

My eyes widen, and my mouth falls. Is Abella delusional? This was her old group. I'm sure she wouldn't forget them after two years.

A man spoke up,"Hey, this was the hospital group!"

A woman adds, "The one we sabotaged!"

What kind of group is this? Abella... she's different. She isn't the same person I knew two years ago.

"Abella... did you trap us in the hospital?" I ask her with a lump on my throat.

I look up to her pointing her gun at Charlie who had a black eye. He stared at me. I ran up to him and blocked Abella.

I choke, "Abella... You can't kill them! They're our family!"

She puts her gun down and grips my shirt. She pulls me away from Charlie and towards her.

"I'm your family. These people are just strangers you've met." Abella snaps.

"What's wrong with you!" I shout.

I glare at her mad face. People watched us.

"What happened to you? What did I miss over these two years?" I question.

She breathes in heavily.

"I am the same person you've known your whole life," Abella answers, "You're the one who changed."

I try pushing away from her, but Abella was strong. I hear the school door open to Miles exiting the school. He sees Charlie, but behind him, I see the girls cower in the building.

"Charlie?" Miles questions.

Miles then faces me with a questioning look as he sees Abella gripping onto me.

My sister lets go of me, and I fell to the floor.

"The commander wants them dead." Abella states to everyone.

I turn around to Tilly holding on to my shoulder. She had somber eyes.

"I thought you were gone forever." She whispers.

I hold on to her hand.

"Tell Lillian and Ruth I forgive them," I whisper back,"I will not let you guys die."

I see a man pick Charlie up from the ground.

"No!" I cry.

I stand up, but Abella gripped onto my collar.

"Wait!" Miles shouts, "Take me instead! Let him live."

I turn to Miles handing himself to them with his hands up. My eyes widen. No... not Miles. Miles is insane! I can get Charlie and the rest out, easily since I have a plan, but... Miles will surely fight and get himself killed.

The man turns to Abella. She paused then talks into a walkie talkie, which I couldn't hear for her soft whispers.

"Take the brunette boy since he will take blondie's place." Abella commands.