Chapter Twenty Four

Ellesmere's POV

I walked back into the house dragging my feet lazily on the grass. The mild wind blew a handful of leaves making them rotate into a tiny whirlwind then they scattered around in different directions, the same thing repeated itself over and over again.

The sun had gone down ,I barely noticed it though. The sky turned a shade of pink, light blue and dark grey casting weird shadows underneath the large tree next to the lake. It was a very serene scene and it brought a kind of warmth to me.

I got to the pavement then halted. I tilted my head slowly to the right. I could have sworn I heard a heart beat.

It was kinda weird that I used my telepathy to listen to heart beats instead of thoughts. I figured it was the best way to catch a culprit since millions of ways had been discovered in blocking a telepath from reading minds. I mean, take a look at Magneto.

The heart beat paled when I turned my head sharply. Whoever it was, was absolutely scared of being seen.

I shifted my attention from the beating of his heart to the voice in his head. But it was blank. Odd!!

I snapped my fingers lighting my palms up with a blazing electric current that Parker called "EC Blades". They did look like large teardrops to me but like razor sharp teardrops.

I looked around cautiously but found no one. The stalker was probably good at hiding even in this vast field but I was also good at seeking.

I sniffed the air. Smoke!!  Something was burning rapidly. I turned my attention to the roof and found the blackest smoke erupting from the ceiling.

"Holy crap!! "I swore running into the house. The air was smoky and it covered every single part of the house so nothing was visible. I covered my nose with my left arm swinging the other around to dissipate the smoke.

My eyes shot towards the kitchen. I sprinted towards the cooker but it was switched off. Then what caused the fire?

A hand dropped heavily on my neck causing me to fall head first to the floor. I bruised my forehead then felt the hand whip me across room. I landed hard into a door shattering it.

A piece of wood pierced through my lower back. I yanked it out spilling blood on the floor.

"You wanna play rough? Fine! "I said angrily  then my entire body blazed with EC (that's short for Electric Current). I began to see clearly as soon as the current covered my eyes.

My attackers weren't just one but four S.H.I.E.L.D. But how did I hear only one heart beat?.

I rushed towards one of them. He gasped surprisingly as I kicked him in the chest. He flew right outside the kitchen window. I ripped the cupboard door off, using it as a weapon, I mercilessly beat up each one.

The fire was spreading fast. Soon, the sound of wood falling was incomprehensible. It was like some extra logs were falling on the roof. I punched one of the soldiers in the face breaking his nose in the process.

My lightning sword was upstairs. I headed for the stairs but it had come crumbling down like a piece of paper. I charged my legs with EC then jumped as high as I could landing on the platform at the top of the stairs.

My curtains were burnt, so were the doors, my bed, table, rug, wardrobe and everything else was on fire. I lifted the burning bed up then threw it away, my pen sword was lying untouched clipped to a notebook. I took it off then tucked it in my pocket.

Suddenly, a hand gripped me from behind. I didn't bother to turn around as I whipped out the pen clicking on it so it became a sword and cut my attacker right across his cheek.