Chapter Five

Ellesmere's POV

There was something off about Salem. The streets looked as if it had been turned inside out. There wasn't a living soul outside. The place was strangely quiet except for the sound of broken car doors creaking. The ground had been cracked for miles, houses burned and many cars too.

I took off my mask. "What the hell?".

Just then, a loud bang sent me flying halfway across the street through the window of a post office. I shattered the glass and cut my left elbow in the process 

"Argh, that hurt!" I groaned while pressing a hand on my back. I struggled to stand up then felt something pulling my legs. I looked down at it, a blue rope was wrapped tightly around them and before i could fathom what was going on, i was powerfully lassoed outside landing hard on my back..... Again.

"Mmm, I'm gonna get myself killed." I said rolling over.

"Oh, don't wish for it so quickly." A deep voice said from behind me. I hurriedly stood up and turned causing my bone to creak loudly.

The person, or thing rather, that had spoken had four companions. He was larger than the others but they all had the same pale ash coloured skin and jet black eyes. They wore funny complicated outfits that looked like it was made of metal and held really funny weapons.

The leader had no weapons on him. My eyes scanned each one carefully then lingered on the female - she held the blue rope.

"What are you Yuckie-dee-doos?." I asked scrunching my face. They did look disgusting.

The big one spoke again "This one's got a big mouth on her."

I shrugged "ehn, sometimes i can fit a tennis ball in it and then it's really difficult getting the ball out."

"Courage. Interesting!" The big one said again. "The others whimpered and screamed before me."

I chuckled mockingly "yeah, that's your fault. I mean, have you seen your faces?. I'm sure they screamed cause you're the ugliest shit i've ever seen. No offense, i'd love to stay and chat pal but i'm running outta time here. Gotta go rescue someone from the enemy camp."

The leader looked at his companions on either sides of him as if giving a hidden signal.

"The Avengers" he said slowly.

"Oh, you're fans too or haters? I'm a hater!" I said raising my hands playfully even though it hurt my elbow. But i still wondered how they knew the Avengers. Oh well, they were pretty popular both in infinity and beyond.

"If you don't like them then we have a common enemy. We're from the Dark World and we seek to destroy the Asgardian Prince who took something of ours." One of them said.

His voice sounded like the beat of a drum, weird!! .

My adrenaline spiked rapidly. There was no way these dirt balls were going to do that. I drew out something from my pocket. I had it with me since, it shone a bright sky blue and grew long with powerful sparks emanating from it, then i stood in a fighting stance.

"What the hell do you want from him?" There was pure anger in my tone.

"Ah, Another Asgardian! "the leader said. My thunder sword grew longer into a spear as i twirled it fiercely.

The female lashed at me with her lasso, in one fluid movement, i cut the rope. Her face contorted into a frown. She charged at me with full force, using all her energy to throw a punch at me. My spear grew smaller like a pen, i tucked it in my pocket then sent a dangerous electrical charge to my arm and caught her punch. Sending the charge to my right leg, i kneed her in the gut.

She flew back and crashed into the post office. Another male ran towards me.

I quickly grabbed a car door nearby then threw it in the air. With another powerful charge, i kicked it like a ball, It collided with the male and cut him deep through the chest. Lightning crackled through my fingers, i could feel it's cold current coursing through my feet to my hair.

"Impressive!" The leader said then suddenly a powerful light covered them and they were gone. Including the female.

I stopped the lightning and bent over with my hands on my knees. They had come from a world near Asgard. I wouldn't have given a damn if they came for the Avengers only but he was an Avenger and they came for him. All of them were in deep shit.

They were not my favorite people but i did like Tony Stark. I wouldn't let the dirt balls go anywhere near my father even if it meant teaming up with the Avengers to make sure.

Right now, i was a wanted criminal and there was no way the Avengers would believe whatever i told them or even team up with me. The only way to convince them was to let them catch me and keep me hostage.

I walked around looking for a car. Running all the time drained me and what with the fight i just got into, i was definitely going to get drained if i ran.

I had to recharge to be able to bust into S.H.I.E.L.D's facility. I found an old station wagon, revved up the engine and drove straight to New York.

                            **************

Hey dolls and gents, a quick FYI.

None of the characters belong to me only Ellesmere Foster and Anne Belcher.

The rest are purely Marvel Superheroes.

Also, remember to vote as you read and drop your comments as well.... Have a good time y'all.. Lots of love!!