Chapter Four

Anne's POV

I was heavily taped to a chair and blindfolded. The cool air blew towards my face but i was still sweating terribly. My mind raced unevenly from what had happened to me the previous night and what was going on with Elles. I'd never been kidnapped before and this, i hoped, wouldn't be such a terrible first experience.

I knew S.H.I.E.L.D was behind this and Elles would make them pay for taking me hostage. A door opened and i heard heavy footsteps. Party time !! .

"Is she the one?" A male voice asked, it was deep and sounded authoritative.

"No, this one is a friend of hers." This time, a lady with thick German accent spoke. Whoever they were, it didn't really seem like they wanted to torture me. An interrogation, perhaps!.

"Remove the folds." the first voice ordered."Romanoff, this one's yours!".

The next minute, i heard the footsteps leaving the room but i knew i wasn't alone, there was someone here - Natasha Romanoff.

She walked to go behind me, i slightly turned my head towards the light tapping of her boots on the floor, then immediately, the folds came off my eyes.

The blinding light stung my eyes making me squint them shut. I finally adjusted to the brightness, cameras were stationed all over the room. My entire body rattled, this was the first time i was meeting an Avenger face to face and not just any Avenger, the Black Widow.

They say she could break you from within, make you reveal whatever you had in mind, it's no wonder she was the one to interrogate me. My thoughts raced again to Elles. I had no idea where she was and i had to conceal the truth about her identity no matter what.

Widow took a seat opposite me, a table separated us from each other. Looking into her brown eyes, i was already beginning to shake internally and she hadn't even said a word yet.  Relax, Anne.

"Anne Constance Belcher!"

My heart beat increased -she knew my name. Well, she was and is one of S.H.I.E.L.D's best agents. I knew she had information about me and she was definitely going to probe me into telling her all i knew about Elles.

"We can make this quick and easy. You tell me everything you know about Storm and we'll let you go, understand?" She said calmly as if this wasn't an interrogation but her last word sounded like a threat.

"I don't know who you're talking about." My voice was unsteady and showed how scared i was but i wasn't scared of getting hurt, i was scared for Elles. They'd take her back to prison if they caught her.

Elles wore her mask when i'd been kidnapped. It wasn't a mask that covered her entire face. It was a partial mask, thick and black but it only covered her face all the way down to the top of her lip. She was fast, that was why they called her "Storm".

"There's no use lying to me, Anne. Storm is a threat and you know we won't stop until she's found. But we can't find her without your help."

"You're the Avengers right? Earth's Mightiest Heroes? You don't need help from me, i'm a nobody." I said calmly this time.

"Yes, you're not an Avenger, you're not a superhero but your files say you're a brilliant techie. You know something we don't. Storm's a monster." She said leaning forward. I tensed at her last sentence.

"NO!" I yelled making her retract her head.

"You're the monster here. All of you, you're a bunch of heartless freaks, you stole from her and she'll come for you all, and trust her, she'll leave bodies behind. "

Widow's eyes shone for a moment "Stole from her, what do you mean?."

I'd already said too much, no more. I turned my head away and bit my lip.

She drew her chair back and looked at me, i turned to look at her too, we stared darkly at each other, none flinching, none blinking. After a while, she stood up and walked out of the room. I could finally breathe again.

The cameras remained focused on me the whole time, i knew we were being watched. They were waiting for me to slip, and somehow i did. I bit my lip again as i thought about Elles, silently praying she was okay.

A bulb flickered twice and i turned to look at it. It flickered again, then another, then another, soon all the lights began flickering uncontrollably. I could hear buzzing and clanking and.......i smiled a bit....

Sparks!!

Soon, soldiers began running all around, shooting at something i presumed was too fast to see. The glassy window helped me see what was going on, i witnessed men being thrown fiercely at the wall and some tripping on their feet and some electrocuted.

This was my chance, i ugged on the tape around my arms but it was stuck tight.

Suddenly, the wall beside me exploded loudly, i ducked to prevent getting hit with blocks. The lights went off too. Another smile played on my lips - my Savior had arrived.

At last.

Edited 26 Feb 2020.