t w e n t y n i n e: nothing important

"Wait you're telling me I got a fucking invite?" Sam muttered, gripping the paper in her hand

The man raised his eyebrow at her.

"She talks like that when she's angry and confused and sad and pretty much any other feeling." Dizzy said.

The man nodded.

"So what's your answer Ms. Samantha?" The guard asked.

"It's Sam. Call me Sam. How long do I have to think about it?" Sam asked.

"We're coming back again a few more times to bring kids over." The guard said. "Is five months okay with you?"

"Perfect." Sam said. "Thanks."

"You're going to take that long to make a decision?" Dizzy asked. "When we could leave right now together."

"I can't leave right now." Sam said. "I have to take care of some things first. But I swear I'll see you sooner than later. Maybe even like three months."

"Three months." Dizzy said. "That sounds better. When are you guys coming to pick me up?"

"Soon." The guard said. "We'll come by your abode to pick you up."

"Thank you." Dizzy said as the guards bowed as they left.

Dizzy punched Sam in the shoulder.

"Ow." Sam said. "What was that fucking for?"

"You can leave right now." Dizzy said. "Yet you decide to leave in three months. What's the difference between now and later?"

"I just." Sam paused. "It's just I can't go right now. I have to figure out things."

"Are you and Harry together again?" Dizzy said. "Because if you're not I'm going to kill you both."

"Why would you want to do such a thing?" Sam asked.

"You're annoying and mopey." Dizzy said. "I noticed that. But your more mopey than usual. What's the deal?"

"I'm going to miss you?" Sam said thought it came out more as a question than an answer.

"That's a terrible excuse Sam." Dizzy said. "It doesn't even sound like an excuse."

"I miss Evie okay?" Sam said, running her fingers through her hair. "I mean I don't know why I do. I just do."

"I miss her too." Dizzy said. "If you decide to go to Auradon earlier than expected you could see her again."

"Are you bribing me with how I feel?" Sam asked. "Because if you are I'm proud of you. Stick up for yourself Diz."

"I'll try." Dizzy said. "But I really like it when you help me too."

"Stop trying to guilt me into coming to Auradon with you." Sam said. "It's not going to work."

"But is it not working?" Dizzy asked with a pout.

"No Dizzy." Sam said. "I'm still feeling the same way I did before. Don't try guilting me into anything."

"It was worth a try?" Dizzy asked with a slight smile.

"Not even." Sam said. "But I like your attempt. You need to try harder than that though."

"Should I keep asking you for a couple of weeks and wait for you to give in?" Dizzy asked. "Or should I do the thing."

"What thing?" Sam asked.

Dizzy pouted, her eyes brimming with fake tears.

"Ah yes." Sam said. "That thing. I swear I'll crack in less than a week if you keep doing that."

"So you want me to keep doing it?" Dizzy asked.

"Heavens no." Sam said. "I can't look at you with that face without wanting to give you something or like everything I have."

"So I'll put that in the maybe column." Dizzy said.

"You do you Diz." Sam said. She took the bracelet off her wrist, clasping it around Dizzy's

"You're giving this to me?" Dizzy asked in shock. 

"I am." Sam said. "Keep it for me."

"Here." Dizzy said, giving Sam a pair of gloves. Sam slipped them on, picking at the hearts that adorned them.

"Thanks Dizzy." Sam said, crushing her in a hug. "I'll see you later."

"Bye Sam!" Dizzy called.

"Bye my little angel." Sam mumbled as she exited the shop, looking back behind her to where Dizzy had already drifted off to sleep.

It was pretty late anyway.

Sam walked through the abandoned streets of the Isle which she found odd. They were usually packed outside, trading things, thieving.

She walked past the Enchantress' stand where she sat, looking at her.

"Hello Samantha." The Enchantress said.

"Hi." Sam said, patting her chameleon on the head. "Look who decided she could talk to me."

"Now. Now." The Enchantress said. "Don't point fingers. I have my reasons. Do you still happen to have that apple?"

"I do." Sam said, pulling it out of her pocket. "I don't see what's so special about it."

"I wonder why you haven't used it." The Enchantress said. "Bite into it."

Sam rolled her eyes, biting into the apple. She looked down at it in confusion. Where she'd bit into had disappeared.

"What the-?" Sam asked. "What just happened?"

"I told you it's a magic apple." The Enchantress said. "A perfect apple. It'll help you when you need it."

"Why would I need it?" Sam said. "It's just a normal apple that happens to regenerate itself."

"It'll heal you." The Enchantress said. "And it'll help you make better decisions. Don't lose it."

"I don't know what that means." Sam said. "But I'll keep it I guess. See you later."

Sam stuffed it back in her pocket, heading down the alley that led to Ursula's Fish and Chips. Her cat Lucinda, circled around her feet.

"There you are." Sam said. "Chelsea stole you again. I love you."

Lucinda purred as Sam ruffled her fur as Blinky peeked out of her jacket pocket.

"I love you too." Sam said to Blinky. "Don't look at me like that."

Sam entered the shop, sticking her sword in the sword check. She sat next to Harry. Chelsea appeared out of thin air, picking up Lucinda and petting her aggressively.

"Is she okay?" Sam asked.

"No." Harry said. "She's really mad at Quinn."

"Oh." Sam said, sticking the letter she'd gotten in her pocket.

"What was that?" Harry asked.

"Nothing important." Sam said.

Harry shrugged, leaning his head on her shoulder as they watched Chelsea lose her mind.