t w e n t y t w o: midnight thoughts

"Guys!" Uma called

"Guys!" Uma called. "Did you find them?"

"No." Harry called. "It seems theybe disappeared. Gotten out from under us."

"Come back to the Shoppe!" Uma called, the agitation in her voice was clear as they all made their way back to the Shoppe, the Pirates heads hung low as to not see their queen angry.

"Look at me!" Uma said, stomping her foot on the table. "We let them take the princesses right out of our clutches. Right when we had them where we wanted them."

"We still have the king." Sam said. "So calm down Uma. You're plan will work,"

It wouldn't, her plans never worked, Sam had learned that much from being friends with her for so long.

"But we could have had more." Uma said. "Our leverage on Auradon could have been much more if we had the king and some princesses."

"But we have the king of Auradon." Sam said. "You can't go any higher than that."

"I suppose you're right." Uma said. "We have the king and that should be enough to get us off this Isle. But Celia said they'd be here, that they wouldn't be that far..."

"Maybe they tricked her into telling you that they were near." Harry said. "Maybe they used her to help make sure they could make it away from you."

Sam remained silent, not knowing how else to hide the fact that she'd let them get away, when they were so close to getting what they wanted, to get what they'd worked for. How she'd let it all go just to get to Auradon anyway. Uma's plan wouldn't work so she had to have a back up..right?

It made her feel uneasy. Like she was betraying the people she knew by helping the VKs, by letting them win again. By letting them leave them here to rot again.

"Thanks Sam." Uma said. "You're one of the only people I can trust. A person I know wouldn't leave me to get a spot in Auradon. Without a little revenge in the process."

Uma looked her dead in the eyes and for a second Sam thought Uma had heard everything and was saying all this to spite her. But Uma sighed, giving her a hug before disappearing into back room to get ready for the long day ahead.

The day where they traded the king for the wand.

This day had gone on long enough. Why couldn't the VKs have stayed in Auradon and not have started all these problems in the first place? Why couldn't they have stayed and let them hate them in peace?

But they were bound to have come back sooner or later. One of them had cracked under the pressure: little precious Mal.  Then they'd all come back to retrieve heir leader.

It was funny really.

This had all happened because of Mal and in the end Mal would win. Not Uma. Because that's how it's been their whole life and it wasn't going to change now.

Mal had been chosen to go to Auradon. Mal had denounced evil for good, Mal had turned her mother into a lizard. Mal would be the Queen of Auradon. Apparently everything revolves around her.

"I'm going for a walk." Sam said, hopping off her stool and exiting the shop.

"It's not safe for princesses to walk in the dark alone." A voice echoed, a shadow looming six feet tall at least, a cat perched on his shoulder.

"Still walk your granny's cat, Tremaine?" Sam asked, as she felt his arm around her waist.

"Are you still as annoying as ever Smee?" Anthony retorted.

"More." Sam said.

"Lovely." He said pressing a kiss to her temple. " are you still part of all that drama that seems to follow you everywhere you go?"

"I guess." Sam said. "So. How's Harriet?"

The boy tensed up.

"We're figuring things out. What about you and-." Sam clamped a hand over his mouth.

"Shut up Tremaine." Sam said.

"Okay." Anthony said hearing boots crunch behind them. He turned around and came face to face with..

"Isn't that the girl you fought today." He asked.

"It is." Sam said, crossing her arms over her best.

"Shut up Anthony. I'm not here for you." the pirate girl said turning to Sam. "I'm here for the princess."

"Hey. You can't call her a princess. You don't have the right." Anthony said. "Besides she's not a princess. She's a queen so fuck off."

"Sam." the pirate girl stated, pulling out a sword. "Let's see if the princess-pirate bitch can beat me, eh?"

"Sure." Sam said, pulling her sword out of her sheath. "I don't know. I don't know why you're still here."

"Sam." Anthony stated. "I'll be fine. This'll take a minute." Sam said.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to do this when you're pregnant."

"Took you long enough to bring that up." Sam said as she ducked and the pirate girl angrily swung at her head.

"Missed me."  Sam said, slicing at the girl's arm. Her eyes widened and her face paled as she fell to the floor.

"Aww. Your still afraid of your own blood. That's so adorable." Sam said as Anthony kicked the fallen girl in the side. "I told you I'd beat you. Now do me a favor and crawl away like a good little bitch."

"Samantha darling if you wanted to make the pirate girl faint I could've helped you." Harry said, glaring at the arm Anthony had slung around her waist. "Don't touch her Tremaine." Harry hissed.

"What are you? Her boyfriend?"
Anthony asked.

Harry paused, pondering his question.

"Exactly so you can't tell me if I can and can't touch her." Anthony said.

"He is my boyfriend." Sam said. "Now stop arguing."

"Harry?" the pirate girl croaked.

"Shut up." Harry snarled as the pirate girl whimpered.

"I'll drag her to her house for you." Anthony offered, leaving Harry with Sam. Sam loved her midnight thoughts.

"Let's go back to the Shoppe." Harry said. "And sleep like everyone else on this Isle."