s i x: eldest hook

Sam woke up at noon, not wanting to get up, her whole body ached though she had no idea why

Sam woke up at noon, not wanting to get up, her whole body ached though she had no idea why. She paid it no mind, getting up and going into the bathroom. She splashed her face with water, trying to wake herself up but it didn't work. She combed through her hair, pulling it back into a ponytail and brushing her teeth.

After staring in the mirror for a few minutes, not really knowing why, she exited the bathroom, stepping into her boots and jacket before going out to the kitchen.

HJ was nowhere in sight, so she assumed he'd left to start his day. She opened the cupboards finding nothing of interest in there as they were all empty, before deciding to just leave.

She made her way out the door, shutting it and making her way to the closest place where she could get food.

The Slop Shop was run by goblins, who didn't speak English and none of the customers spoke goblin so it didn't really matter that they spelled names wrong, since none of the customers could read it.

Sam entered the shop, walking up to the counter. The goblin made grunting sounds, not bothering to ask what she wanted. He handed her an expired scone and a cup of darker than your soul coffee.

Sam took it, sitting down at a table and taking a sip of her coffee. She saw a flash of black as someone sat across from her. She set her cup onto the table, raising her eyebrow.

"Hi Harriet." Sam said as Harriet took her cup of coffee and drank it.

"Hi Sam." Harriet said, setting the cup back onto the table. She picked up the scone and ripped it in half, taking a bite out of it.

"So what's up with you, Ettie?" Sam asked. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"Well it couldn't kill you to visit me." Harriet said. "Knowing very well that I can't stand Uma and wouldn't go on her turf just to see you."

"Okay." Sam said. "I could've done that. Sure. But I didn't really feel like going through all those people who guard your turf just to see you."

"They wouldn't have done anything to you." Harriet said. "I would've told them not to."

"I see you now." Sam said. "So it doesn't even matter really."

Harriet took the cup out of Sam's hands, taking a sip of her drink and finishing it.

"I guess." Harriet said. "But it's been six months and that seemed like too long."

"You finished it." Sam said, as she shook the cup.

"I did." Harriet said, with a smile. "But I don't really care."

Sam rolled her eyes, tossing the cup to the floor and crushing it.

"Now the goblins will kill you." Harriet said. "They won't appreciate that."

"I'd like to see them try." Sam said. "They'd never do anything to me."

"Why?" Harriet said. "Because their scared of you? That's funny Sam."

"No." Sam said, smiling. "They're scared of my mom."

"So when was the last time you saw your mom?" Harriet asked, as Sam's smile faded replaced with a frown.

"Not since Evie left." Sam replied. "And she hasn't come looking for me so I suppose she doesn't need to see me."

"Ab Yes," Harriet said. "That little traitor left and ruined your mom's image didn't she? She has to prove you won't turn out like that."

Won't turn out like that. That was funny. Don't become a goody two shoes princess who has a person to help her with her every move. Sam knee that wouldn't happen. She didn't even want to be like Evie. To be a princess. That seemed too strange.

"When was the last time you talked to my brother?" Harriet asked, a knowing smile creeping on her face.

"When was the last time you talked to your brother?" Sam retorted, crossing her arms over her chest. "I talked to him yesterday thanks for asking."

"What did you talk about?" Harriet asked, propping her chin in her hands.

"Nothing important." Sam said. "Why'd you ask?"

"No reason." Harriet said, picking up her hook that she'd set on the table. "No reason at all."

"You sure about that?" Sam asked. "I'm sure that there's something hidden in your message or whatever and your trying to tell me something like HJ was."

"HJ?" Harriet repeated. "Who's That again?"

"Hector Barbossa. Junior" Sam said. "The son if Hector Barbossa, remember."

"I saw you with Anthony the other day." Harriet said, changing the subject swiftly."Did he mention me by any chance?"

"Oh so that why you wanted to talk to me." Sam said. "To talk about Anthony. No he didn't say anything about you."

"Of course he didn't." Harriet muttered. "That stupid little-."

"Did you want him to mention you?" Sam asked. "You want him to mention you? I'm sure he would've if I subtly talked about you."

"No!" Harriet said. "I didn't mean it that way. Don't you dare fucking tell him I asked about him. The stupid shit be put me through, I don't even know why I asked."

"Okay." Sam said. "Let's change the topic before you kill your scone."

Harriet looked at the scone that she'd crushed in her hand.

"Shit." Harriet said. "Sorry Sam. I got a little out of hand there."

"It's fine." Sam said. "You're whole family has anger issues. I'm used to it."

"I know you've seen CJ and me and my dad angry." Harriet said. "But when did you see Harry angry? He always tries not to be mad around you because he's afraid of hurting you."

"I don't want to talk about it." Sam said. "And now I'll be late for work. I mean I already am late so I don't know why it matters. You're dad's gonna kill me."

"Let's get to it then?" Harriet said, getting up as the two ran out the door, the goblins shouting at them to pay, while they laughed their heads off.