Chapter 7:The Ransom Call

Pacing back and fourth, Betty tells Brian it's time to call Joe, Troy's father.  Brian asks her what she is going to tell him.  "I am going to tell him that I have kidnapped our son and the cost to get him back is $2 million," she announces.   "Will he agree to it," Brian asks.  "If he loves his son, he will," Betty remarks.

     Betty picks up the phone and calls Joe.

     JOE:Hello!!!

     BETTY:It's me.  Listen Up.

     JOE:What do you want?

     BETTY:Shutup and listen.  I have kidnapped Troy.

     JOE:You what.

     BETTY:You heard me.  I have Troy and if you want to see him again, It will cost $2 million to get him back.

     JOE:Is this one of your sick jokes.

     Betty waves Brian to go get Troy.  Brian goes into Troy's room and puts his hand over his mouth.  Brian then drags Troy out of the room and goes to stand by Betty.

     BETTY:Does this sound like a joke as Brian removes his hand from Troy's mouth.

     TROY:Daddy.  I am so sorry for blaming you.  Please save me from Mom.

     JOE:Son, It's okay.  I will get you back.

     TROY:I love you dad and then Brian cover's Troy's mouth again and drags him back to his room.

     BETTY:Satisfied.

     JOE:Have you lost your mind.  How could you kidnap your own son.

     BETTY:This is your fault.  It could have been avoided if you did not get the police involved the last time Troy was kidnapped.

     JOE:My god.  You ordered for our son to be kidnapped?

     BETTY:Yes I did.  So now, You have another chance to get it right.

     JOE:Fine.  I will pay you the money.  But please, Don't hurt Troy.

     BETTY:I would never hurt Troy.  It breaks me heart that I had to kidnap him cause of your past failures.

     JOE:I will need time to get the money ready.

     BETTY:You have 72 hours.  And no police.  Or else.

     JOE:You have my word.  No police.

     BETTY:I will call you tomorrow.

     Betty hangs up the phone.  Brian asks her if she is going to return Troy once she has the money.  "Once I get the money, I will take off with the money and Troy.  Joe will never get to see his son again," Betty declares.

     Back in the US, Joe sits alone in his living room fearing for Troy's life.  "Please God.  Please look after my son," Joe asks.  "I will get you back my son.  I promise you, I will get you back,"  the father declares as he looks at a picture of him and Troy at a Baseball game.