Chapter 15:Where's my Son?

Betty and Joe has finally made it back to Betty's house, which is located down the street where their son is being held hostage. As soon as Betty walks into the living room, tears start falling down her cheek. Joe takes one look at her and realizes this must be the place Troy was chloroformed and kidnapped.

"It this where it happened? Is this where our son was kidnapped?" asks Joe. All Betty could do was shake her head yes as she is so devastated to what she has done to her son. "I Can't believe I could do this to my, I mean, our son. How could I do this to my beloved son. I am so sorry, Troy. I am so sorry," a teary eyed Betty declares.

Joe places his hand on her shoulder and tell's her that they will find Troy and get him back. Betty stares back at Joe, wondering how he really feels about her. "You must really hate me now," Betty tells her ex. "No Betty, I don't hate you. I," Joe stops in mid sentence.

"So, You hired Troy's best friend, Brian, to kidnap him, correct?" Joe asks Betty. An ashamed Betty answers Yes. "Why would Brian want to get involved in your scheme and kidnap his friend?" Joe asks. "The day I spoke with Brian, He was telling me how his father disowned him, his rich father at that. Brian I guess needed money, So I offered him a job", Betty announces.

"A job that included kidnapping your son," Joe states. "Yes, I am afraid so. Brian did not want to do it at first, But I guess the temptation of having all that money convinced him to do it," Betty tells Joe. "Now, Who knows what Brian has done to Troy or where he is holding him," Betty adds.

Just then Joe grabs Betty by the arm and drags her to a chair and sits her down. "What are you doing?" Betty asks. "Sorry my dear, I am going out and I need to make sure you don't decide to get the urge and leave," as Joe grabs Betty arms and pulls them behind the chair and then handcuffs her wrists.

"Where are you going?" asks Betty. "I am going to walk down the road to visit Brian's dad. I need to findout where his son is holding our son," Joe tells Betty. "Well, then, I need to go with you," Betty states. "That is not a good idea, trust me," Joe answers back.

Joe begins to leave when Betty stops him. "Wait. Before you leave, You need to do me a favor," Betty tells Joe. "What's your favor," Joe asks. "I want you to gag me," Betty tells a stunned Joe. "You what. You want me to gag you?" Joe asks. "Look, I know it sounds weird. But I want to feel what our son is feeling. I want to know what it's like. I basically want to punish myself," Betty says.

"Look, Betty," Joe is interuppted by a pleading Betty. Joe then takes out his hankercheif, walks behind Betty and ties it Between Betty's teeth and beind her head. "Their, this is what Troy is going threw. How does it feel that you put your son threw this," Joe adds and then walks out the door. Betty can't fight the tears strolling down her cheek.

Joe has made it to the doorstep of Brian's father's house. After a knock on the door, Charlie answers the door and is surprised to be looking at Joe. "Joe, What can I do for you?" Charlies asks Joe. "Cut the bull. You know why I am here. I want to know where your son is holding our son?" Joe demands.

"Look, I am sorry that Troy is missing, But I can assure you that I don't know where he is or that my son, Brian is involved," Charlie adds. "Well, If you are so sure then you won't mind if I have a look around, will," Joe says as he storms past Charlie and into the house. Charlie tries to stop him, But to no avail.

"BRIAN. BRIAN. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHERE IS MY SON," an angry Joe demands. "Look, like I said, Brian is not here," Charlie says as Joe then proceeds to go upstairs, which is now making Charlie look nervouse.

After checking all of the rooms except the one Troy is being held in, Joe begins to go in when Charlie stops. "Look, Joe, I wan't you to leave now or I will call the cops," Charlie demands. "What are you hiding Charlie. What don't you want me to see. Is Troy in that room. TELL ME," an angered Joe barks out.

"Nothing, This is private property. Now leave or I call the cops," Charlie tells Joe. "Fine, let's call the cops and let's see what they find in this room," Joe answers back. A nervouse Charlie does not know what to say as Joe then goes threw him and into the room. Charlie follows Joe into the room. "What the hell," Joe says.

Back at Betty's. Betty is still bound and gagged, sitting on the chair that Joe inprisoned her on. "So, this is what's it like to be held captive, to be tied up and gagged," Betty thinks to herself. "I actually did this to my son. How could I. Please Troy, Please forgive me. Please forgive me," as Betty weaps to herself.

Back at Charlie's, Joe walks over to the bed and notices it empty. It has been made up, like nobody has slept in it. Outside though, On the ledge outside the window, Brian is holding Troy, his hand over Troy's gagged mouth. "Not a sound. Do you understand?" Brian asks his captive. Troy nods his head yes.

Joe realizes he has made a mistake and apologizes to Charlie for his behavior. "Look, Joe, You don't need to apologize. I just hope you find Troy," Charlie tells Joe. "Me to," and then Joe leaves the room and then the house. Charlie goes to the window to see Joe walking back to his house.

Charlie goes back to the bedroom where Troy is being held, not knowing where Brian and his captive are. Then Charlie hears a knock on the window and realizes where they are. Charlie opens the window and grabs Troy and takes Troy over to the bed and makes him lie down. Brian then enters threw the window.

"That was close," Brians says. "To Close. See, You are taking a chance with keeping Troy stashed here," Charlie points out. "Yes, I know, But I doubt he will be back so we should be in the clear," Brian adds. Charlie then leaves the room.

Brian goes over to his captive and tells him he did good for not trying anything stupid. Brian then ties Troy hands to the bedposts and ties Troy's feet together with the rope he stashed under the matress. "I will be back to check on you later," Brian tells his bound and gagged friend and then leaves the room.