A Fleeting Encounter

Start from the beginning

"Why do you assume that I need a thank you? I didn't catch you because you were in danger, I was just there." He says coldly.

Although his words seem cold, but behind it you can hear a slight contradiction.

"It doesn't matter if it was your intention or not on catching me, in the end, the result is that you did. So a thank you is a must in this case." I say to him.

He then slowly turns completely to face me, his fair skin almost looking white under the moon.

"For a young soul like you, you sure know how to talk." He says with a grin.

"I was taught to be thoughtful and be grateful when it's required." I say to him.

"And did your parents taught you to not talk to strangers?" He asks me again.

"Yes of course, but you don't look like a bad person. I was taught to always see the good in people, and then if they do something to lose the faith that I have then I suppose circumstances will change then. Besides, we're talking right now, so do we still count as strangers?" I ask him back.

His brows slightly lifts up in amusement, and he shows me a grin again.

"No... I suppose not. Such interesting little thing. Now, if you have said what you came back to say, I suggest you head on back now before the shadows consume the night." He says turning away.

"Wait!" I suddenly say.

"What is it?" He says turning back to me with a slight annoyance in his voice.

I slowly walk up to him. He just stands there and not moving, I finally stop a few feet in front of him.

"If it's not too much, can you bend down a little?" I ask him.

"Why?" He asks me as he looks down at me.

"Please?" I ask him again with a pleading gesture.

His eyes looks into mine and he lets out a sigh, he then kneels down in front of me and we're now eye level to each other. In the moonlight I can see his face clearly once again, I asked him to do this because I want to see his eyes. They're quite unique, they're just one shade of crimson red, the pupil isn't black but white. It almost looks out of this world. As I look at his eyes, his glazes over mine as well. Without knowing I let out a smile, his brows slightly loosens as he looks at me.

"You have really unique eyes, they're like out of this world. They look a bit scary in the dark night because they look like they're glowing, but at the same time, they're beautiful." I tell him as I admire his eyes.

He blinks and continues to look at me.

"No one has ever said something like that about my eyes before. They're just like every other eyes." He replies.

"Yes I know, they are eyes just like everyone elses. But they are red, I've only seen brown eyes in my life, never red. I've heard of pink eye but it's only around the white area of the eye, yours is pure red around the iris. It looks almost inhuman like. I wonder what they look like under the sun now that I've seen it in the moonlight." I say with a slight giggle.

"They look the same, it may seem inhumanly, but I was born with them. There are other colors of eyes out in the world, you just haven't seen them yet." He replies.

"Really? Will you show me those eyes one day? I want to see them with my own. You seem to know a lot about them so I want you to take me around the world and show me." I say to him.

He lets out a small grin and stands back up.

"So naive of you, you and I most likely won't meet again after tonight." He says as he begin to turn around.