Chapter 30- The Shadow

Start from the beginning

"Twas my decision. You have no place in what I decide and how I decide the nature of things. I found the professor and took him hostage. I knew he had a solution to my problem. So I took him hostage and brought the professor to the ruins where the artifacts were based,"

"What did you find there?"

"I received something, I lost everything my free will and my own soul,"

"How did that happen?"

"The old coot came back possessed by a thing, We ended up losing many things our will, our soul but we got something even better. What we came for and a whole new cause that would save this region from a horrible demise,"

"At the expense of our souls.. No thanks,"

"Fine,"

Darkrai grabbed a small dot of light in his hand. He slowly waved his fingers back and forth in a clockwork stance. The ball grew larger and larger, spinning quickly growing brighter and larger until it fit in the palm of his hand. Darkrai lifted the ball in midair and tossed it at Garchomp. Garchomp jumped out of the way. A loud explosion occurred, smoke flew in the air clouding the whole stadium.

The smoke cleared, Garchomp and Darkrai met eye to eye. Darkrai smirked again, turned the other way completely ignoring his opponent. Garchomp wasn't going to let his opponent get away so easily, he chased after him and raised his fist in the air aiming for Darkrai. Darkrai bent his body, narrowly dodging the blow. Garchomp and Darkrai faced each other in a duelist position. Garchomp raised his claw like a sword, Darkrai readied his fist in response. Darkrai and Garchomp stepped and maneuvered themselves against each other.

Dawn watched the battle worried by Ash and Tobais's clash. She hoped Ash would pull through, but she remembered the last time the two trainers fought and felt pessimistic. "I hope you win Ash, but this battle could be the end of you. Whatever happens Ash never give up," Dawn thought. Dawn held Piplup tightly and watched the battle. Langley stood next to her and observed the match with her.

"I look forward to our battle Dawn,"

"So do I,"

"So, Dawn. Why did you.."

"Shh, It wasn't my decision to.. I was forced to do it," Dawn stammered.

"I see, did you tell Ash,"

"No Iii I'm not sure he'll understand,"

Tobias waved his hand and snapped his finger for Drakrai to attack. Darkrai floated straight at Garchomp, Garchomp blocked the attackers fist and wrestled with Darkrai. Darkrai broke free and slashed at Garchomp. A swift sound of a knife gliding through the air was sounded and Garchomp gashed out red blood from his arm. Garchomp jumped back to avoid another attack, he dashed straight into him and jabbed his claw deep into Darkrai's chest and began twisting. Darkrai groaned in pain but didn't it let him stop him, he grabbed his fist and stabbed his way into Garchomp for revenge. The two bled violently. Both collapsed into puddles of blood, Garchomp attempted to crawl toward Darkrai, Darkrai did the same. Darkrai crawled closer to Garchomp and pressed his face against his. He raised his fist in the air but he slowly dropped, exhausted from fighting. Both pokemon panted, breathing heavily for air. Tobias removed his sleeve to further expose the symbol on his body.

"Looks like it's over for both our pokemon,"

"Not exactly," Toias's symbol glowed.

A giant dark red cloud formed and entered the body of Darkrai. Darkrai was lifted in mid air and transformed.Darkrai's wounds were mended instantly and he stood watching the Garchomp faint. Darkrai's blue eyes turned blood red and his claws were changed into much sharper deadlier blades.

"The master is behind this isn't he?"

"I'm afraid he is," Tobias laughed.

Ash called on his next pokemon Lucario. Lucario stepped forward and aimed his aura sphere directly at Darkrai. Darkrai lifted his dark ball and confronted Lucario's aura sphere. Both elemental missiles launched each other. Both orbs hit each in a giant explosion that clouded the whole stage. Lucario and Darkrai hid under the cover of the explosion and leaped at one another, engaging in a midair fist fight. Darkrai shot a fist at Lucario, Lucario dodged turned around and kicked Darkrai several feet away from him. Darkrai became agitated and immolated. Lucario made several motions with his fist and created a second aura sphere. Darkrai burned quickly and sparked a maze of fire the shape of sevipers. The serpent flames wiggled and crawled through the air to surround Lucario. Lucario punded the serpents into mere ashes. More spawned to replace the fallen and rushed Lucario, He jumped on top of a serpent and ran across it's body toward Darkrai. Lucario slid quickly along the serpents toward Darkrain and dealt a blow into his chest that sent Darkrai flying into the ground. Tobias returned Darkrai and called upon Latias. Latias flew over Lucario and swiped him off his feet. The pokmeon flew several feet into the air at sonic speed ready to drop Lucario. He broke free and quickly rode on top of Latias, he steered Latias in another direction and crashed him directly into a part of the league stadium. A crowd of people ran from the chaos, the pokemon began brawling furiously in the benches. Latias charged stragiht into Lucario and bashed him against the wall. Lucario grabbed Latias by the head and slammed her into the wall. He charged his aura and back flipped, tossing his spear of energy at her. The spear hit with  precision, the stadium exploded and piles of cement and brick flew in the air. Latias recovered from the blow and snarled fiercely.

"This battle isn't over just yet,"

"It will be soon," Tobias scoffed.

"I'll defeat you one way or another,"

"Are you sure about that Ash?" he laughed.

Latias's skin turned purple and her eyes became blood red, the same symbol appeared on Latias. A snake wrapped around the fused letter T and R. Latias began to create fumes of black jet smoke from her body.

"I'll defeat you.. somehow,"

"I highly doubt that, your mortal life is on a clock, just like this battle. Time is running out for you and the mortal world,"