Chapter 17-Conclusion of Destiny

The blow of the winter morning gently woke the group again. The adventurers rushed out and pulled down their respective tents in preparation for their continued journey into the Fiori region. Iris began observing the map to ensure that they would reach their destination in the fastest and safest route possible. Ash and Dawn trained again with Cynthia hoping to hone their skills.

“The map says we will be headed toward the second half of this region,”

“You say that as if it were a bad thing,”

“You haven’t heard the stories about the Fiori region have you?” Cynthia asked.

“What stories,”

 “The Fiori region was devastated by a clash between two powerful legendary pokemon. Fiori was then shaped by the battle into two separate islands. The one which we stand on is that of life, the other of death where the plague has it’s origin.”

“Death?”

 “Yes, but it should not be of our concern” Cynthia nodded walking ahead of him.

“Try not to worry about it. we all have to face death sooner or later” Dawn cheered him up.

Ash smiled weakly at Dawn, but he cheered up slightly, continuing into the region with his group of friends. The sun shined on the barren land which surrounded them.  A thick sea of ice surrounded them. Iris worried that the ice could break and they would fall to a horrible watery grave. Cynthia tapped her on the shoulder and gave a gesture to keep moving. Iris’s sense of fear faded a bit by the motivation she received from Cynthia. Ash and Dawn gave Iris a silent thumbs up together and slowly stepped forward into the frozen ocean. Silently trekking a few miles more, they noticed a strange shape in the distance. The travelers slowly and cautiously advanced toward it. The shape became familiar upon approaching it. It was a large caravan full of people and pokemon guiding goods through the solid ocean. A man in a Eskimo jacket filled with numerous furs stomped up to the travelers.

“It’s good to see you,” Lucius greeted shaking their hands.

“It’s good to see you too, what are you doing here of all places?”

“We found the location of the last artifact.”

“That’s good news we will help you at once” Ash exclaimed excited.

“But what about our progress in the pokemon league?” Iris nagged.

“It’s always best to take our time and advance at a sustainable rate” Cynthia shot back correcting Iris.

Lucius waved at everyone to follow, Ash, Dawn, Iris, and Cynthia soon joined the caravan on the search for the last artifact. Lucius stopped pointing to the scenery ahead. There was a large old ruined tower that lay in smoke. At the very top lay a large blue glow illuminated the sky.

“That must be the artifact we are looking for” Lucius pointed.

“Lets hurry quick before anything happens to the artifact,” Ash shouted hastily telling his friends to hurry up.

“I’m going, I’m going!” Iris panted yelling at Ash to slow down and calm down.

“Iris, hurry up before the caravan leaves you behind,” Dawn said sternly.

“All right,” Iris groaned.

The group reached the tower in a good, short fifty minutes. Cynthia pressed against the wall examining the distinct features on the wall. Lucius searched for a possible entrance to the tower. Dawn lay down petting and cuddling with the pokemon in her group and the caravan.