Chapter 9 - Reirth

Piplup pecked it’s beak in Staryu’s face. “Why are you doing this?” Dawn stretched out her arms pointing to the damage she caused. “These people did nothing to you. They only want to help the sick and dying pokemon. This orb is a way to help remove the plague that’s causing all life here to wither,” Dawn shouted trying to reason with the thief. Staryu spun in a buzzsaw circle. Staryu flew at the ground sending sparks of heat and steel at Dawn. Dawn leapt away from Staryu. Misty stepped closet to Dawn and glared at her. “Did Ash tell you a while back about the souls in this world? Did he also tell you how delicate they are? That orb is what’s keeping the delicate balance from crumbling apart. If you dare touch that artifact you will endanger every living being in this region.”  “I heard so much about you Misty. Do you really believe that will happen? You’re a good person, why would you do this?” Piplup fired streams of bubbles at. Staryu got soaked in a gallon of dense water. Piplup jumped on Staryu and drill pecked him repeatedly. “That is not going to stop me,” Misty replied. Staryu whipped up a gust of large cyclones. Piplup was blown off of Staryu b the rough wind. The cyclones grew larger and blocked the sun’s rays then expanded across the entire town.  “If our bonds are strong enough then we can harness tremendous strength from within us and our pokemon,” Misty explained. The gusty wind and tremendous cyclones started to spin blowing it’s way toward Dawn.

The desert had rocks in the middle of the stadium while quicksand borderedthe outer limits of the stage. “I’m sure you heard about the bonds and souls right? If so then you’ll be in for quite a battle one that works a bit differently from what you’re used to,” he laughed. “Up to now I never lost a battle since my childhood. I don’t intend to lose now. So give me your best shot,” Ash replied in a cocky attitude. “The name’s Marcus by the way. I hope you’re ready for a serious pounding,” he smirked. Marcus threw out a steel tank Aggron.   Ash called on Lucario, A large light emerged blinding both men. A blue light flashed brightly in the room. When the flashing stopped both trainers spotted a Lucario in the center of the gym. It gave Ash a small nod before doing a defensive karate pose. “All right let’s battle!” Marcus yelled. Lucario dashed at Aggron and hammered a fist in his chest. The Aggrron absorbed the blow throughout his body and grabbed on to Lucario’s shoulder. He retaliated with a punched to the gut.He dug his claws into his whole body and threw him at the nearest boulder. Lucario was sent crashing into the boulder. The stone shattered into several pieces on impact.Lucario rubbed his wounds then got back on his feet. Marcus scratched his head “This Lucario came from you didn’t it? It must be your spirit pokemon,” Ash lifted an eyebrow at Marcus “What do you mean by that?” Marcus laughed ‘You have much to learn well if you’re familiar with the bonds that occur in this region you might be able to understand that your soul called on him,” Ash thought about it, Surely it made sense when the strange pokemon in the mountains attacked him, He needed help and a pokemon from nowhere came at the same moment he felt a strong surge of emotion. It even understood and read his thoughts. “But enough about that,” Marcus snapped his fingers, a sandstorm rushed through the room. Using the cover of the sandstorm Aggron snuck away from Lucario. Lucario executed a defensive karate stance. Lucario sniffed and looked for Aggron; Aggron pounded him in the back of the head and ran off into the thick sand. “You can’t see him in this sandstorm. What hopes do you have of defeating me? As a former ranger I gained experience from exploring and helping other pokemon. I’ve mastered the ways of the land,” Marcus explained. Aggron prepared for another attack, gathering raw energy in his hands from his hiding spot. Lucario closed his eyes and meditated. “Sometimes you don’t need your eyes to see,” Ash said. Lucario sensed Aggron to his left and dashed. He charged his left arm with a powerful bright blue light. He focused aura into his arms then punched Aggron. Aggron was swept off his feet and sent diving into the rough quicksand.

</p>The heavy wind blew Piplup away and knocked him into a tree. “No” Dawn yelled returning Piplup to her pokeball.“It’s over Dawn,” Misty said. “You were always a weak child. I wonder.. Is that why you gave up coordinating? I mean what good could you do as one? Nothing, you’re hopeless,” Misty laughed maniacally. “That’s not true,” Dawn tried to hold back tears. “I’m not worthless I’m not weak.. I’m not!” Dawn burst into tears. “Yes I gave up on it, but I’ll make it as long as Ash is here, He always knows what to do,” Dawn lit up with fire, a black portal opened up above her head; Loud screeching erupted through the portal before finally halting to a eerie silence. After a few minutes of waiting a large Giratina suddenly slithered out of the portal. If floated to Dawn's, Dawn at first seemed scared that it was actually near her, but then Dawn realized something. "Could this be the pokemon that Misty is talking about?" Dawn thought. She reached her hand over to the beast and petted it softly; Giratina did nothing. Dawn sighed in relief and then focused her attention on Misty with a new found sense of strength and confidence.