Chapter 17-Conclusion of Destiny

Start from the beginning

Ash tapped on the solid tower confused by it’s function; There was no door to be seen. Only walls and strange hieroglyphics. Cynthia calmly paced her reading slowly tracing her finger on the ancient scriptures.

“I figured out how this tower works.”

“That’s great,” Lucius complimented, impressed by her ability to read the hieroglyphics.

“The text on this wall is similar to unknown,”

“Excellent now what do we need to open this door?” Lucius asked desperately.

“We need the tow artifacts placed near the edge of the walls,” Cynthia directed.

“Of course brothers, sisters get the artifacts over here,” he shouted at his followers.

“This seems strange,”

“What's strange Ash?”

“I was expecting a sudden attack from the bad folks aligned with Team Renegade.”

A loud explosion erupted in the distance. Two large craters cracked the dense ice sheets formed. The caravan rushed goods to safety before the ice could collapse.  

“It’s about time they attacked us” Ash complained calling out his pokemon.

“Yes I was expecting that to happen” Dawn sighed.

Lucius feverishly ordered the followers to get into place. The members finally placed the two orbs near the wall. The tower began to rumble and open a secret compartment with stairs leading up to the top. Cynthia dashed up the stairs with Lucius after the artifact. She then braked furiously at the top of the stairs.

“Ash, Dawn, Iris” Cynthia called to them. “Distract the team from reaching the top of the tower understand?” Cynthia ordered.

“Right,” Dawn raised her necklace ready to summon Giratina.

“We will try our best” Ash shouted doing the same as Dawn.

A heavy sheet of smoke cleared and men from two sides emerged, stepping out of the crater into thick ice near the tower encircling it with their ambitious goals. There existed men from both sides one side to the left was crawling with uniformed criminals. They wore great white colors and wore a emblem with the red crimson R of team rocket. Another group came from the right side of the tower. All in black hoods with insidious symbols on their shoulders. The symbol was that of a snake wrapped around the planet and blood above the snake in the shape of the constellation the big dipper. Both advanced toward the tower simply stepping past the ruined and confused caravan of people who were devastated by the recent attack. Ash and Dawn leaned against one another and were panicking that they had to battle this many trainers. Then as if it was strange enough that there were this many trainers ready to fight the two teams quickly began shouting threats at each other.

“The power of the artifacts belong to Team Rocket,” Misty pointed at Tobias.

“No it belongs to us,” Tobias shot back.

Misty cursed at Tobias then replied“You freaks want the power of the artifact? You will have to pry it from our cold dead hands. If we don’t retrieve that power the people we make so much money off of will perish. For once team rocket is morally obliged to help the world.”

“Your moral obligation will not cure this plague fool. If we do not free our souls from the plague we will all perish. Stand down or we will destroy you!” Tobias shot back with a cold intimidating smile.

“Oh, so you think disturbing the very balance of these artifacts will help us? The world will be destroyed and it will be your fault that every living in this planet vanishes.”