"N-no. I don't want to do that. But I can not go back there. I will not go back there, not after what I saw, "Mrs.Lean nods her head and loosely wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"I still have room for one more."

//

I take another small bite from my sandwich and scroll down the last few posts on my timeline. Mrs.Lean left to open the library and told me to stay at her apartment for the rest of the day so I could "rejuvenate" from my experience. I knew she did not believe me, but she was respecting what I told her at the very least. I was grateful she was letting me continue to stay with her, but not so grateful that all she had was tuna.

I set the other half of the sandwich down and push it away from me. I set my phone down flat so I could rub my temples and try to get rid of a headache that hammered my head like Thor's hammer. God, all I wanted was some peace and I couldn't get it in my own mind. 

Why did I even come out here? Was it because I hated my parents? The fact that every family member pushed me away after they died? Hell, even my one and only aunt pushed me away and she only used me to get the money from my parents. To think of it, that was the last time I saw her. The day she took their money and told me to have a nice life in the hell-hole.

My phone buzzes, drawing me from my thoughts. I look down to see an incoming message from Mare's boyfriend, Kane. It was odd, because he rarely texted people, let alone texted me. We only ever talked on the phone about Mare.

What happened between you and Mare this time?

Would you believe me if I said it was aliens?

So funny, i forgot to laugh 

But seriously, he has not talked to me all day.

He called me last night, yelling at me that you were in trouble.

His parents said he left last night and did not come back.

Please answer me.

I read and reread the text over four times. Mare would not just leave like that, he was smarter than that. He would not come all the way over here just because he saw a person behind me. There's no way in hell he would do that without telling me or Kane.

Are you sure he is not at Marilyn's? 

She has not seen him since last week, remember?

She touched his last project and broke it, he would not go to hers.

He needs his medications and no one but you knows what happened.