What did you do Luke?

The next time I saw Katie was when I met her by the front door of the school to get to the buses. She gave me a small wave and I walked over next to her. She seemed to be in a better mood now than earlier. "Hey," I said and stood next to her. "Hi," she said softly and put her hood up on her head. "Ready?" She asked me and looked down at Lucy. I followed and put mine up as well. I looked out the window and the skies were dark and grey. You could hear the rain pouring and smacking the top of the school. "As ready as I'll ever be." I answered and pushed open the door. I let her walk out first and then followed behind. As soon as we exited the building the rain hit us immediately. I heard Katie let out a little scream and I watched as she started jogging towards the front of the loop. I followed after her and tried to keep up. Once she got to the front she stopped next to a bus and waited for me. She got on first and headed toward the middle. I followed her and watched as she sat down with Lucy by her side. I sat in the seat opposite her and pulled my hood down. I shook out my hair trying to straighten it out. Which was stupid cause it would only get messed up again eventually. She looked out the window facing the other side. She looked so curious and interested in the rain outside.

I pulled out my phone and checked my messages. There was one from my mum answering my text from earlier about going to a friends house. She didn't ask me that many questions because I think she was happy I was hanging out with a friend instead of playing on my laptop. She said she would pick me up later on if she could. I took out my headphones and tried to untangle them as much as I could. I put them in my phone and placed them in my ears. I put my phone on shuffle and just listened to the familiar sounds of All Time Low. There weren't many other people who entered the bus after us and I just watched as some familiar faces moved on. After a few minutes the bus started moving and I just looked across at Katie. She still was staring out the window keeping her hand on Lucy's head. She gently rubbed her and transferred between rubbing and scratching her head. I always wondered what having a pet would be like, but I was just too scared to even try. I still am. That one damn dog ruined it for me.

The bus came to a halt and I saw Katie stand up. I took that as I should follow her. She pushed Lucy's butt and Lucy jumped off the seat. I backed up instinctively and waited for them to move. I followed her and they went down the bus pathway. When we got off it had stopped raining. We were in front of a small light blue house. I heard the bus pull away behind us. She started walking up the pathway that led to the house and I followed right behind her. From the outside the house was a nice color and it looked like it had a strong hold. There was a garage attached to the house and a small area that had a few plants. I bet it looked really pretty in the sunlight. She ruffled through her bags and pulled out her house keys and opened the door. She let Lucy go and she ran straight into the kitchen. Katie stopped at the door and took her shoes off, and then hung up her jacket in the closet. I looked at her and I couldn't help but notice her shirt was just a bit tight on her. She turned towards me and gave me a puzzled look. "What are you staring at?" She asked me and put a hand on her hip.

"Nothing," I said quickly trying to cover it up. I kicked my shoes off and placed them next to hers. She started walking forward and said, "We can work either in my room or in the living room. The living room might be the best place for now, but it's ultimately up to you." I followed her into what appeared to be the kitchen. She was going through the fridge and I heard a few things click and clank. I looked around to see if I could see Lucy, but she wasn't in sight. Which made me feel uneasy. It wasn't until I heard the sound of Lucy's tongue drinking water. I turned around and saw Lucy drinking from the water bowl. "Do you like root beer?" She asked still in the fridge.