Chapter 33

Publish Date: 1/26/19

It seemed that in the midst of everything going on that month, the family had almost entirely forgotten about Ron and Hermione's wedding planning. When this fact was mentioned to Mrs. Weasley a few days after Roberts was caught, she insisted that Ron and Hermione come over as soon as possible. She also invited the Potters to help, because Ron and Hermione weren't about to do this without their best friends.

Harry and Ginny, however, were just glad they had something to look forward too after the hectic month.

One morning in early February found the Potters trying (and failing) to get Teddy out of bed so they could all go to the Burrow. Teddy, as he put it, 'didn't want to wake up early if he wasn't even gonna get to see Vic'.

"C'mon, Teddy," Ginny spoke gently to her sleepy godson. "It's time to wake up, Ted. We're going to see Grandma Molly and Uncle Ron and Aunt 'Mione."

Teddy murmured something incoherent and rolled over.

"If you wake up within the next two minutes, we'll go out for ice cream later," she coaxed.

"That's bribery, Gin." Harry appeared in the doorway of Teddy's bedroom, a small and content smile on his face. Ginny spun around to face Harry, her red hair flying out behind her.

"It's parenting," Ginny smirked. "Besides, Dad did it with us all the time. At least, whenever Mum didn't find out."

Harry laughed and kissed his wife on the cheek. "Speaking of your mum, we should get going soon, before we're late. C'mon, Teddy, let's get up!"

Teddy finally rolled out of bed. His blue hair was tousled and he rubbed his sleepy eyes comically as he yawned.

"Oh, it works when you do it," Ginny grumbled, although she was smiling slightly.

"Morning," Teddy said. "We're still going out for ice cream, right?" Ginny laughed and nodded. Together, she and Harry got Teddy ready to go to the Burrow. Once Teddy had clothes on and food in his stomach, they Apparated to the Burrow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron let Harry and Ginny in when they knocked on the door of the Burrow. He looked like he'd been up for a while, as it's usually pretty easy to tell when Ron has just woken up.

"Hey. Mum and Hermione are in the kitchen. Oh, and Dad's in the living room with Percy and Molly, if Teddy wants to play in there while we talk."

"Yes, please!" Teddy took off his coat and ran to the living room before Harry or Ginny could say anything.

"Well, I guess that's taken care of," Harry grinned. "Let's head into the kitchen. I bet your mum probably wants to start right away."

"Oh, she does," Ron agreed. "It's sort of different when it's your own wedding, though. You don't really seem to mind as much."

Ginny nodded. "Yeah, that's how it was for me, too."

They entered the kitchen, half expecting to see a frazzled and passionate Mrs. Weasley. Instead, they found her and Hermione calmly sitting at the table, drinking tea and talking.

"Oh, there you two are! Come in, would you like some tea?" Mrs. Weasley stood up from the table to pour mugs of tea for Harry and Ginny.

"Thanks, Mum. So, what have you guys been doing with the wedding?"

"Discussing a theme. We're thinking about a nature theme. It should be warmer in March, of course, so it'll be outside. Lots of flowers, too," Hermione supplied.

"Oh, 'Mione, that would be so pretty! And we could have it by the lake!" Ginny sat down and eagerly joined the conversation. Hermione's face lit up.

"And you like this as well, Ron?" Harry asked. Ron nodded.

"Sure. If it makes 'Mione happy, it makes me happy. Besides, it's not going to be a really girly wedding. 'Mione wouldn't want that either," he explained.

"Well, it's wonderful that we've got a theme." Mrs. Weasley scrawled some things down on a piece of parchment. "Now, let's talk about the people involved. Bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, and ring bearer. Any ideas?"

"Well, we've already decided that Ginny's maid of honor," Hermione said thoughtfully, recalling the moment from months ago. Ginny smiled again. "And Luna and Audrey are bridesmaids."

"Great. Okay, well, Harry's best man, of course," Ron began. Harry beamed. "What about George and Bill?"

"Sounds great."

They talked for a while longer, working out who they wanted to invite, or didn't want to invite. (No, Ron, we are not inviting Lavender!) The planning went on for hours, much to Mrs. Weasley's delight. Soon, the group realized that it was dinner time.

"Oh, dears, you can stay for dinner," Mrs. Weasley offered as she began to clear off the table. "Harry, would you go get the others from the living room, please?"

Harry nodded and went to the living room as Ginny helped set the table. Once they wre all ready for dinner, everyone sat down to a delicious meal.

Just like the day had, dinner went by quickly. Everyone was glad to get off the subject of wedding planning, and they listened happily as Teddy told them all about a strange dream he had that night.

"And then, the hospital exploded!" Teddy finished excitedly. "But don't worry, there was no one inside."

Mr. Weasley laughed. "What a crazy dream, Teddy." Teddy nodded and went back to his food.

Dinner was wrapped up and Mrs. Weasley brought out the desert, a chocolate cake with strawberry filling. It was delicious, and by the end, everyone was full.

"Thanks for dinner, Mrs. Weasley," Harry said, standing up. "But it's getting late, so we've got to get Teddy home."

"Hey!" Teddy protested. "I'm not tired."

"We are," Ginny smiled and ruffled Teddy's hair. Teddy crossed his arms and pouted, thought he didn't put up much of a fight while they are trying to leave.

The Potters said their 'goodbye's and 'goodnight's and packed up anything they had brought with them. Once they were ready to go, they Apparated home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, Teddy, why don't you start getting ready for bed?" Ginny suggested once they got home. Teddy sighed but walked up the stairs anyway. "We'll be with you in a moment."

"So, wedding planning's going well," Harry pointed out.

"Yeah," Ginny agreed. "I'm happy for them." Harry nodded at this.

They stayed downstairs a few minutes longer, relaxing together on the couch. "Mmm, this is nice." Ginny grinned sleepily. Harry wrapped his arms around his wife and smiled fondly.

"Yeah. It really is."

They could go upstairs and join Teddy in a few minutes. But for right now, they were just fine here.

A/N: Hello. I've got a few things I want to say. First, thank you all so much for 700 reads! I am so grateful for all of you. Second, I just wanted to let you know that I'm in the process of wrapping this story up. There's probably going to be another 15 chapters or so (I know, that sounds like a lot) and then the epilogue. Thanks for reading! 💛
Words: 1,068