Chapter 19

Publish Date: 11/11/18

Harry and Ginny's wedding reception took place in the same place that the wedding did—the Weasley's backyard. The chairs had been cleared, leaving an empty space for the dance floor. Wedding guests were now dancing and socializing, various drinks in hand.

Mrs. Weasley got everyone's attention by tapping her spoon on her glass. "May I have everyone's attention, please? The maid of honor and best man are about to give their speeches."

She walked over to where Ron and Hermione were talking, and put her hand on Ron's shoulder. "Ron, dear, why don't you go first?" Ron nodded and walked up to the stage.

"Erm, well—I've never really been good at this sort of thing," Ron cleared his throat nervously. "Harry, we've known each other since we were eleven. I don't have to ask you to treat Ginny well, because I already know you will. It was hard to believe that my sister and my best mate were going to be married, but after I saw how happy you two were together, I knew it was gonna be perfect. You guys are some of my closest friends. Congratulations, Harry and Ginny."

The crowd clapped as Ron walked off the stage. Before he left, he quickly said, "And now the maid of honor is gonna speak—come up here, Hermione."

Hermione blushed and joined Ron on the stage. "Well, I've known Harry and Ginny since they were eleven. We've been friends for a long time, as Ron said," Ron sent Hermione an encouraging smile. "I couldn't be happier that Harry and Ginny are married. You two are perfect for each other, honestly. Harry has wanted nothing more than to start a family, and i'm sure Ginny agrees. I can't wait to see where you two go in life, and we all wish you the best."

Hermione raised her glass. "Let's all raise our glasses to Harry and Ginny!"

"To Harry and Ginny!" Everyone echoed. After hearing Mrs. Weasley's teary eyed speech ("Oh, Harry, Ginny, you're so grown up!"), the crowd went back to socializing.

"Mr. Potter! The Daily Prophet would like to interview you, do you have a moment?" A news reporter came up to Harry, who had Ginny attached to his hip all night.

"No, sorry," Harry walked past quickly, in search of two best friends. When he finally located Ron and Hermione, he and Ginny made their way over.

"Hey, mate. Congratulations," Ron beamed. Hermione threw her arms around the happy couple.

"Oh, congratulations, Harry and Ginny!"

"Thanks, 'Mione," Ginny grinned as she pulled away from the fierce hug.

"Yeah, thanks for the speeches, guys," Harry smiled gratefully. Ron smiled as Hermione beamed.

"It was no problem, mate."

Harry and Ginny finished up their conversation with Hermione and Ron, and they went to go talk to some other guests. The happy couple made their way to some former DA members, including Neville and Hannah, and Dean and Seamus.

"Harry, Ginny!" Neville called them over, his arm linked with Hannah's.

"Hey, Neville, Hannah," Ginny grinned. "Thanks for coming."

"Congratulations, Harry and Ginny," Seamus grinned.

The group talked for a while, but because of how many guests there were, the newly married couple couldn't spend to much time talking to the same people. Harry and Ginny went to go talk to Hogwarts staff next.

"Harry!" Hagrid boomed. "It seems like just yesterday I was deliverin' yeh to yer aunt and uncle's house as a baby, and now..." Hagrid enveloped Harry in a hug.

"Congratulations...Mr. and Mrs. Potter," McGonagall gave Harry and Ginny a half smile. Before they could continue, Mrs. Weasley got up on the stage again.

"The bride and groom are going to dance first!" Mrs. Weasley announced.

Harry and Ginny smiled as they took their places on the dance floor. A slow song started to play, and they wrapped their arms around each other. Before long, the dance was over, and the two shared a quick kiss before the next song started to play.

"It is time for the father-daughter dance!"

Mr. Weasley joined Ginny on the dance floor, and they started swaying to the soft music.

"I'm so proud of you," Mr. Weasley said softly. Ginny smiled.

"Thanks, Dad."

Once their dance was done, everyone made their way to the dance floor to dance. Ginny danced with each of her brothers. Teddy and Victoire were dancing together as well.

Soon, Teddy joined Harry and Ginny in the middle of the dance floor. He had a big smile on his face, and his eyes were bright. Harry scooped Teddy up in his arms and spun him around.

Teddy laughed and cheered, the bright sound carrying across the dance floor. Harry set him down a moment later.

"Hey, Ted. Are you having fun?"

Teddy grinned. "Yes! Me and Vic were dancing, and we ate cake!" Ginny laughed and ruffled his hair.

"Yeah, we saw you," she smiled.

"Are you and Harry married now, Ginny?" Teddy asked in a curious voice.

"Yeah," Ginny said, putting an arm around Harry. "Harry and I are married now."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the night was full of fun and festivities, Harry and Ginny were exhausted. Almost everyone had packed up and left, and the only people remaining were the Weasleys. Hermione and Ron came over to where Harry and Ginny were preparing to take wedding girts home.

"Hey," Hermione smiled softly.

"Oh, hey, 'Mione," Harry said, looking up. "What's going on?"

"We just wanted to say goodbye before we went home, mate," Ron said. Harry and Ginny stood up.

"Sure, thanks for coming," Ginny replied. The four of them hugged, and after some more 'goodnight's and 'see you soon's, Hermione and Ron went home.

"I'm really tired, love," Ginny rested her head on Harry's shoulder. "But today was the best day of my life."

"Good," Harry smiled. "Today was the best day of my life, too."

Harry and Ginny helped Mr. and Mrs. Weasley clean up a bit more, before Mrs. Weasley came over to the couple.

"You have done a wonderful job cleaning up, dears, but it's your wedding night. Go on home now, you must be exhausted!"

"Thanks, Mum," Ginny kissed her mum on the cheek.

"Oh, it's no problem, dear," Mrs. Weasley gave them a final big hug. "Now, you two get on home—you need your rest."

Harry and Ginny Apparated back to Grimmauld Place. Andromeda had taken Teddy to her house, so Harry and Ginny were able to quickly get ready for bed.

"Harry?" Ginny yawned once they were in bed.

"Mmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, Gin. So much."

With those final words, the husband and wife fell asleep.

A/N: Well I feel like I took forever on this chapter. Oops. I hope this one isn't to cheesy, but I thought it was cute. Okay so some parts were a bit bad, but I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading! 💛
Words: 1,065