Schemes and Scandals

She opened the app up and gave it to me. I didn't spell everything correctly but enough to make her understand.

I have a plan

"A plan? What do you mean? A plan for what?" Ann looked at me confused.

I want to go back to school with you and the ballet girls.

She stared at me shocked for a minute, confused and just shocked.

"What are you talking about, Lollipop? What makes you want to come back."

I want to go back with you. Just picture it us in class being desk buddies and playing with each other at recess!

"Well, that does sound like fun...what has Darry said about it?"

Oh, I haven't told him. He probably wouldn't say yes so I've kept it to myself.

"Well, let's go."

Where?

"To school. It's registration day and if you feel like this is what you need then I'll be here for you."

I smiled at her. Finally, a best friend who actually listens and understands me.

Okay, I've already told Darry we're going to the park.

"Then what are we waiting for?"

She pushed a button her phone and the screen magically went dark it was so cool!

I waved goodbye to everyone before walking away with Ann to go to "the park".

I couldn't believe I was actually going to do this. It was actually exciting to think about going back to school.

I walked into the big familiar building with Ann. It's been a year since I've been here.

Ann asked, "Hey, isn't your ballet recital on Friday."

I asked for a phone through hand motions and she unlocked it for me.

I re-opened her voice app and typed,
Yes, but I'm not going

She then asked me, "Why not? It's the Welcome back to Will Rogers High School recital!"

I can't...

The reason I couldn't go immediately hit her then she said, "I'm so sorry."

Last years recital was the one my parents were traveling to before they died.

Ever since, I've blamed myself for their death. It was all my fault.

Even my own brothers try to persuade me and change my mind that I did nothing wrong but I know they don't mean that.

They can forgive me but they can never forget.

After giving her phone back, I followed Ann to the office since she knew exactly where to go.

The principles name was Mr. Case. He looked very serious at the both of us when we walked inside.

He pulled down his tiny glasses and said, "May I help you, girls?"

He was new, I've never seen here before in Tulsa. That would explain the boxes all around his office.

I looked at Ann as she put on the sweetest smile possible and said, "Good morning, Mr. Case, I'm here with my bestie, Lollipop Curtis, she would like to register here."