Rehearsal

"Lollipop, it's almost time to go c'mon downstairs."

I quickly zipped up my dress and began to walk down the stairs.

Two-bit was waiting for me at the door along with Dally.

Since my Soda and Darry work all week and Ponyboy goes to school, these two usually bring me to ballet rehearsals.

Our practices are on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

On Saturday of every weekend, the ballet girls get together and do a fun activity which is announced on Wednesdays.

I joined a few weeks ago and it's been really fun, but I haven't made any friends yet.

It's because I don't talk but everyone there thought of me as a funny girl.

I'm not sure it's supposed to be a compliment either.

Usually, I eat my snack by myself and I'm always in the back behind everyone.

There is one girl in there named Caroline and she hates me.

She thinks of me as weird girl.

She's six years old and the boss of everyone. A real meany if I do say so myself.

Our ballet teacher Mrs. Karen cares about me, but she's never really aware of the things Caroline does.

And if she was she wouldn't get on to Caroline considering she's her mom...

I was sitting in the very back of Buck's beat up car as usual.

Dally was driving and Two-bit was sitting in the passenger seat.

Two-bit asked me, "Have you made any friends yet, Lollipop?"

I shook my head no while playing with Helga Beetas.

Helga was a gift from my mom.

Mommy always told me that Helga was a moon princess.

She explained a moon princess is a princess that holds all of my wishes.

She keeps them stored in her magical wand with all of the other wishes.

The wishes are shaped like stars which is her symbol as a moon princess.

So, if I ever made a wish it would be stored in her wand and if I forget it, it wouldn't matter because my moon princess would always remember it.

I've had Helga ever since I was two years old. She has great value to me.

This is a picture of her:

She's been helping me overcome mommy and daddy's death

Because I know I will always have them with me.

Dally then spoke up, "Don't worry, monkey, you'll have some soon."

I shrugged and stuffed Helga back into my backpack as we arrived.