Chapter 18 ✔️

Start from the beginning

Looking at the caller, his eyebrows furrowed and he excused himself.

Good riddance.

I took my cue to save myself from this annoying brat, and turned back to go to my room.

As I was going up the stairs silently, the sound of small gigglings came from above.

I looked up to see, two figures approaching me. One was Melissa and the other was Keven. She was giggling and smiling, as Keven had draped his arms around Melissa's shoulders, a hint of smile present on his face too.

Okey, my men never smile.

None of them had noticed me yet.

But as soon as they felt someone was coming, they looked towards me, and came to halt. Both of them bending their head low. Melissa's hands infront of her and Keven's head raised up as he stood with his hands joined on his back.

"Where are you two coming from?"

"Boss, Ares had gifted mam something, and we were there for a while," Keven replied, his face blank. No sign of earlier happiness in them.

"Where is Diana? I thought, she was along with you all."

As soon as I asked the question, I saw Melissa pursing her lips, trying to hide her smile.

"She had been stolen by Draven, just a minute ago, sir," Melissa said meekly, her face still downwards.

"Hmm, go back to your works, if you are done lazing around." I ordered both of them, and started walking.

As they were almost down, I heard the faint whisper of Melissa when she said, "Sarah loved the present. It was so cute. I wish I had one too."

So, the little bird like my present. Good.

I knew she was disturbed, from last few days. And she had her reasons too. I wouldn't really blame her. I had been nothing but an ass to her. And I would continue to be so.

But somewhat it had left her stressed out and frustrated, and it was not good for the upcoming procedures .That's why I was thinking of giving her something to cheer up her mood.

I didn't do it for her, or something. Lexi had told me that she was healthy enough to conceive the baby now, and she also needed to remain stress free. So I thought, for the sake of the baby, she needed to stay happy too. Yeah that was the only reason.

Nothing else.

If that let you sleep at night.

I was wondering a lot what to give, cause I don't have any idea what kind of gifts girls like. Many thoughts came to my head earlier.

My dilemma was broken by Antonio yesterday, when I went to Italy. I and Draven were at his mansion, to discuss some important business deals, when a delivery man came to his door with a huge Teddy bear.

When I asked why he needed that, he said his pregnant fiance was angry at him, and he thought, a big, cuddly teddy bear could break her anger.