"Oh my God! Who bought it for me?" I asked, hopping like a bunny.

Melissa and Diana laughed at me along with Keven, seeing my excited self.

"Ares."

▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫

CHASE

The sound of our footsteps echoed in the eerie silent dark corridors of the floor, as I and Ares walked. He moved behind me, twitching from time to time, waiting to throw his questions at me. But the way I glared at him last time, shut his mouth.

"Umm, bos..."

I gave him a pointed look, slightly turning my head and he zip locked his mouth, sealing his lips, giving me an innocent look.

Turning back my head, we strode out of the basement. He was my brother but he knew when he had to stay silent. I was already pissed at what I did.

Was it out of my league? Was it too much for a man like me, to do a thing like that? Or was it wrong of me to ask Ares, to do that for me?

Thinking about it, was frustrating me more.

We were going up the stairs when suddenly Ares jumped in front of me and pleaded "Okay, that's it! Please boss, please tell me."

My jaw twitched in anger as I threw daggers at him, through my eyes.

"Pwease, pwease pwease! Tell me nah, I won't say it to anyone. Pinky promise." He extended his pinkie, whining in a girlish voice, blinking rapidly.

I gave him a 'have-you-lost-your-dick' look, but it didn't affected him. He continue to bat his eyelashes at me.

Sometimes I wonder what was he even doing here? He was not at all made man type, and most specifically not the kind of man, the 3rd in command of the King of Underworld should be.

But I cou2dont really doubt him. He had never disappointed me in the past.

Except in one case.

He was very swift and cunning, did his job perfectly. He could vanish traces from the face of the earth, within minutes. Also the most specialized weapon specialist of mine. He was totally different man, when in war mode.

I had seen him changing from humours guy to a murderous man in seconds. And every time, it had left the victims either dead or landed them in coma.

Swiftly grabbing his pinkie, I twisted it, resulting in him, screaming out in pain.

"Next time I will make sure to break it!" I spat at him, my voice dangerously low.

His eyes were widened in pain and fear, as he nodded swiftly and I let his pinkie go.

He groaned in pain, grabbing it, and massaging it thoroughly.

"Gezz boss! What's got your knickers in a twist?"

I was just going to land a punch in his gut, when the buzzing of his phone saved him.

The Mafia's Surrogate (ON HOLD)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें