Chapter Twenty Seven

Recap:

"God, Ryder, I care about you so much because I'm in love with you! Damn it, I said it! I know you don't feel the same back though, and that's what will always be the worst part about falling for someone who you thought was right for you. I thought you were that guy for me Ryder. I thought I could be that girl for you. We can work through this."

Ryder stared at me wordlessly before turning to leave out the screen door without another door.

I fell to my knees as my body began to rock with sobs.

_________________

*Shay's POV*

This honestly wasn't what I excepted a party from Kyle would like. It was loud, no lights expect from the kitchen and the disco ball. There were red cups scattered everywhere, drunk people dancing all over each other. It wasn't my normal scene, but normal ended yesterday. I'm a new person.

Kelsey went out and bought two outfits that allow to "fit in" with the crowd here. A black short dress that ended mid-thigh paired with tights and little boots. Ansel seemed shocked with Kelsey's choices for us but is going along with it.

I've been here for about ten minutes, and I already kind of was starting to hate this changing thing. I wanted to be at home, eating ice cream and crying into my pillow.

"Go get something to drink, Shay! Get a little buzz, you need it more than anyone here." Kelsey tried to convince me as Ansel kept trying to push her towards the dance floor.

"May I steal you for a dance?"

I turned to meet the clear blue eyes of Kyle Johnson himself. I felt myself blush.

"Uh, sure." He took my hand, as Ansel yanked Kelsey happily onto the dance floor as well.

Just as we walked into the floor a slow song started. "I, uh, requested this, I thought you would like this better."

He whispered into my hair nervously.

I smiled, a blush overtaking my cheeks. "Yeah, I do. Thank you."

Kyle smiled back, placing his large hand on my waist as he guided us around the dance floor. Our bodies were close together, I could feel the heat radiating off of him. He smelled so good, his arms wrapped all the way around my waist as we twirled all over the dance floor.

Being with Kyle made me forget about Ryder, so maybe I didn't love him after all.

"Are you enjoying the party?" Kyle asked, his face out of my throat to look me in the face.

I shrugged, "Yeah." A blush covering my cheeks, damn, I am acting like a school girl.

He smiled, "Good. I saw you standing over there and you didn't look like you were having much fun. Not like I was, you know, watching you or anything. I'm not a stalker. I just want you to, you know, have a good time." His words were rushed but they warmed my heart so much. Since when did some super popular and sweet guy like Kyle care about me?

"That's sweet, and I am now." I replied just as the song began to end. My heart dropped. Kyle smiled, pulling me tighter against him.

"Good."

Once the song ended we kept dancing not noticing til the loud beats of the next track started.

"Want to walk around?"

Kyle asked, motioning towards the backyard.

"Sure," I smiled

*Ryder's POV*

I sat next to Nicole at stupid Kyle Johnson's party. I saw Shay and him dance, wasn't she just saying how much she loved me a few days ago? I know I ignored her but I didn't want her to go after Kyle, at least he had good intentions. At least I think he does. He's honestly the perfect guy and that's what I'm so jealous as I watch them dance around the dance floor, Shay blushing every five damn seconds. Kyle even stuttered about something, I could tell, and she still giggled with him. What the hell?

I know that I was a prick to her and she's safer without me, but now I miss her more than ever.

*Shay's POV*

I followed Kyle onto a small path that led to a little swing in his backyard. The yard was entirely green, no dead grass in sight, flowers were planted everywhere. He had a landscapers dream backyard.

"Whoa. Your backyard is beautiful."

He smiled, "Thanks, my mother is really into all this gardening stuff."

I sat down on the wooden swing, it was a two dearer as Kyle sat next to me. I've never noticed how buff he was until he took up more than his half of the seat.

"Sorry," he blushed trying to move over.

"It's okay," I assured him, leaning into his heavenly smelling body.

He smiled, his body relaxing as he put his arm behind us.

"So, Shay, what's your favorite color?"

I burst into a giggle, as Kyle smiled at me, his body facing mine.

"What?" His smile was contiguous, I swear.

"Just a cute question but it's green. Yours?"

He nodded, before saying: "Blue."

"So, football, it's for fun or a career choice?" I asked, trying to seem interested in football, I wasn't, but I was in Kyle.

He gave me a sad smile, "Football is just a game for me, I love it, but not something I wish to do for the rest of my life. My father, on the other hand, wants the complete opposite. I have to win, every game, or I'm not worth his while. It's just hard sometimes."

I wrapped my arm around his waist, laying my head on his chest. "I'm sorry about your father, you should be what you want to be."

He smiled at me, resting his arm on my waist. "Thanks Shay."

We sat there in silence for a while, before he spoke, "I like your new look, it looks cute on you."

My whole mood dropped, this girl wasn't me, and Kyle liked that?

Before I could speak someone yanked me out of Kyle's arms, punching him, making him black out. I couldn't get a clear image of who my attacker was before a cloth was placed in front of my nose and I blacked out.

Authors Note:

A little Kyle and Shay moment, do y'all like him? And oh no, who took Shay? Sorry it took so long to update, school started last week! :(