Chapter Thirty Five

My blood chilled in my veins. 

“Shit, we’re screwed now.” Kyle cursed as Ryder turns to us. 

The men who were stationed behind Clay’s desk have now followed the cowardly man out a backdoor. 

“We need to get out of here, now.” Ryder commanded, before taking my hand. 

Looking down at me, his whole hard demeanor fell and his features softened. My heart warmed, thumping hard against the confines of my ribs. 

We didn’t get two steps before the door burst open, five men running in wearing black uniforms. 

“On the ground! Hands behind your heads!” 

Ryder helped me to the ground, my whole body was frozen in fear. 

“Are we going to jail?” I whispered to Ryder as one of the men started towards Kelsey. 

“No, we didn’t do anything wrong, now shh.” He whispered softly. 

“Get on the ground!” He said loudly to Kelsey as she squeaked in alarm before dropping down next to me. 

“Read it to them and let’s go. Look for any important information, we have four minutes.” The leader of the group ordered before four or five men ran inside, tearing open the desk that Clay had once sat at. 

“You have the right to remain silent, anything that say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?” Another man read off a sheet, leaving before anyone could respond. 

“Shit, we just got arrested.” Kelsey gasped, as they picked us up and helped us out the door. 

I paced a small room, I’d been in for hours. 

Placed in the middle was a brown wooden table, and two chairs. 

I felt like I was in CSI episode now. 

The door opened loudly, an attractive young man emerged, a coffee in hand but he was careful not to spill on his suit that had obviously been worn a few times. 

“Sit down please,” He said, motioning to the seat closest to the wall. 

Doing so, he sat across from me, eyeing everything I did. 

“You don’t seem like most of the type that we pick up from that type of place, all of you actually.” He commented before thinking some more and adding, “Well, most of you.”

He’s talking about Ryder. 

What a goddamn bastard to sit in his fancy suit thinking that he knows anything about Ryder. He won’t ever truly know him, none of these people will know Ryder as I know him. The real him, not Clay’s son Ryder, but Ryder, the man who changed my opinion of him, who changed me, who I love. 

When I didn’t respond, the man continued. 

“I’m Chris, I’ll be talking to you today.”

“Interrogating.” I corrected. 

Chris cocked his head, a slight smirk on his lips. 

Not commenting on my correction he continued into his questions. 

“So, would you like to tell me what you were doing at Black Blood’s headquarters?” Chris asked, his voice reached out showing that he was hoping for information on the gang. 

“I was kidnapped and brought there.” I answered. 

Kyle’s eyebrows rose, rising from his chair, he leaned on the table.