Chapter Fourty

Ryder walked back into my room, he had a towel wrapped around his waist, and his black hair was matted down with water. I followed him with my eyes as he beelined for the dresser where he pajama pants were stored.

Turning, he made eye contact with me, catching me staring letting a smirk cover his lips. I stood slowly from my spot on my bed as Ryder started towards me, a pair of black cotton pants in his right hand.

"Sorry, I had forgotten to get my clothes before I took a shower." Ryder confirmed as I stood right before him watching drops of water slid down his toned stomach.

"Oh?" I asked, before reaching for the nape of his neck.

Ryder smiled, before placing his lips down on mine.

It seemed to be the first time in a while that Ryder and I were able to be alone and just be together, without someone threatening to kidnap one of us or to throw the other one into jail. Relaxing would be an understatement for the feeling.

Our mouths moved together as my hands moved to his shoulders as Ryder dropped the pants and put his hands on my hips, pushing us closer together. I could feel his towel-clad body against my own and it put too many thoughts in my head.

Ryder deepened our kiss, pushing me closer to him then before as I ran my hands up and down his chest. Ryder, then, suddenly pulled away.

"I'm sorry," He was breathless. "But, we can't kiss like that when I'm only wearing a towel and you're wearing those sexy shorts. It puts too many ideas in my head, ideas that I know you're not ready for."

I picked at my pajama shorts, unaware from before now that he actually thought something of these but I felt embarrassed of being so forward with him.

"I'm just trying to not push you into something you're not ready for." Ryder whispered, before lightly kissing my cheek.

"No, thank you. You're so thoughtful of me, thank you." I smiled at him before leaning down to pick up his black pajama pants, "Here, go get dressed."

Ryder kissed my lips once more before taking off to the bathroom.

The next morning, when I woke I looked to Ryder's air mattress but it lacked the boy who I've grown fond of. Standing before the mirror, I thought of living alone in a home with Ryder, even as husband and wife, before I caught myself.

"Marriage with Ryder?" I whispered to my reflection, as my stomach filled with butterflies.

I know that I care for him, but do I love him?

I ran back into my room, before picking up one of my worthless teen magazines, flipping through the pages til I found what I was looking for.

Do you love him?

I ran my finger through the article as I read.

Do you imagine yourself in a marriage with him?

Well, yes.

Do you imagine having children with him?

My thoughts filled with a small boy and girl running through the meadow before the barn, one with Ryder's black hair and green eyes, the other with my blue orbs. I bit my lip as I grinned slightly, so yes.

Can you imagine life without him?

"No." I said quickly, even surprising myself.

Do you wish any harm to come to him?

I felt sick to my stomach at any thought of someone or something hurting Ryder.

Congrats! He's the one.

I felt childish, but according to a teen magazine, I love Ryder.

It almost seemed to give me a bit more belief in it.

Coming down the steps, I saw Ryder sitting at the table with my mother and I could hear my father outside with the horses.

"Good morning, dear." My mother greeted, as I smiled but walked over to the seat beside Ryder.

Once I sat down, Ryder gave my thigh a small squeeze, "Good morning."

I gave them both the same greeting back.

"Well, I've got errands to run. See you later."

"Bye." I called to her as Ryder turned to me, a lopsided grin on his face.

"So we have plans today." He announced.

"Do we?" I joked, before leaning to peck his lips. "What are they?"

"Surprises." Ryder showed his teeth to me as he grinned widely. "Go get dressed, something you can be outside in."

After we both were dressed, Ryder started towards my father's truck.

"We're taking my father's truck, what if he needs it?" I questioned.

"I've already talked to both of your parents, besides I know that you don't partially like my bike." Ryder grinned, shrugging a bit.

I leaned forward, kissing him allowing my hands to tangle in his dark hair. "Thank you."

I almost said 'I love you', but fear kept it in me. What if Ryder wasn't ready for that, or worse, he didn't feel the same way. I sense that he does, he is so thoughtful of me constantly, but I don't want to scare him away.

"Of course, baby." He kissed me lightly on the cheek before helping me into my father's truck and throwing a cooler into the bed of the truck.

"Let's go!" He yelled excitedly, as he rolled down the windows and raced out of my driveway.