Chapter 47

"I think you should stay out of it." Cole said, as soon as he sat on the driver's seat.

"Stay out of what?" I asked him.

"You know the whole dangerous thing...I think you should stay away from James." He said, as he started driving.

What the hell?

"Uhm. No." I said, staring out of the window.

"What? Why are you inviting danger, Xandra?" I heard Cole ask.

"I just cannot forget what he did to Jasmine. How he used her, how he raped her, and how he killed her and made it seem like a suicide." I said, still not looking at him.

"How can you forget that he shot you? How can you forget that he just hit Mason? Don't you see how dangerous this guy is?" He asked me.

"Really? He shot me because I came in between him and Tyler. Not because he wanted to shoot me. He loves me too much to do that shit." I said, sighing.

"Yeah right. He loves you." Cole said, bitterly.

I sighed again, before looking at him.

He surely looked angry.

So angry, by how hard he was gripping the steering wheel.

"What is your problem?" I asked him.

"My problem? Are you seriously asking that? My problem is you just can't listen to me, for once. All you think about is how you would take revenge from James." Cole almost yelled at me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! You are not my boyfriend that I have to listen to all your damn orders. I will take revenge, that's it." I said, packing my phone in my pocket.

"Yeah right. You're with me the whole time, you're sleeping with me, you called me to Jasmine's place that day, you wanted me to stay with you that night. After all I've done, you're telling me I'm not your boyfriend. Wow. You're unbelievable." Cole said, sarcastically.

"Stop the car." I said, tears threatening to leave from my eyes.

He didn't.

"I SAID STOP THE FUCKING CAR!" I screamed at him.

"FINE, GOD DAMN IT." Cole yelled back, before abruptly stopping the car.

"I can't believe I liked you." Cole said, under his breath, but I heard it.

"I can't believe I liked you too." I said, giving him a look of disgust, as tears rolled down my face.

Cole stopped gripping the steer wheel, as he stared at me, trying to process what I just said.

"I hate you." I spat, before getting out of the car.

Cole didn't wait for me or anything, he drove off, abandoning me in the middle of a lonely road, all by myself.

I couldn't believe this.

My knees gave in, as I broke down, crying my eyes out.

I cried because of many things like how I didn't have  a true friend, how Sam used me and  is acting like I used her, how James finally came into the picture, and most importantly, how Cole left me, at such an hour at night.

I am the reason why Mason was in hospital today.

I am the reason why James came back here.

I am the reason why Jasmine couldn't confess her love for Tyler.

I am the reason why Sam could never confess her love for Chase.