New Recruit part 2

And I'm back like I promised with another part. I'm actually in the middle of my exams rn and I have a Math exam Monday!! (Its Friday rn when I'm writing) However, it's good to take breaks and de-stress. I am happy that anyone has decided to read my second part, since my first part was a little slow, this will be faster I promise.

Later on that day-----

Turns out my job was to actually locate this kid, since Master Lin was just contemplating his life one day and thought 'Hmmmm, ya know who I should bring to my school? That kid, who killed his buddies at a boys' home a couple years ago'. 

Not saying that's his actual thought process, but it may as well be, since nobodies really seen this kid in years. Apparently, he's living on the streets, real specific.

I didn't get any of the cool jobs. All my buddies got the task of retrieving him in person. which is the cool part. I was left searching the dumps of San Fran.

The sun had set by now and I had no luck so far. I contemplated going back to school for the night but weighed my chances of Master Lin becoming cross with me. It may not matter in this particular instance, but I want to be on his good side when he decides to do one of those death matches or trials. It could be the thing that decides whether I live or die.

It was a little chilly out, and I had to resist the urge to pull my hoodie closer to my body due to the fact that the notion would cause me to look smaller and more fragile, opening up the chances that I could get kidnapped, even though I'm an assassin (in training technically) and I have killed, but I'd like to avoid being jumped or having to do something that isn't in the assignment outline.

By this time at night, most of the homeless gather back up together, so I know that I have to go where they go. 

I am albeit reluctant since I myself spent at least a couple months in the slums. 

Shaking off my thoughts, I strolled deeper into the city until I found one of the camps set up. 

I knew vaguely of what I was looking for. I knew that his name was Marcus. That he had brown hair, and he escaped the boys home with a blue and red jacket, given if he even still has the jacket is a question unto its own.

I kept my head low, minding my own shit.

Then I see him. It has to be. 

The jacket that was described in the newspaper, he had curly brown hair.

Wait, how am I even supposed to know it's Marcus? What if I go back and it's the wrong person, I'll be killed.

I brainstorm up ways to reveal his Identity when a body rams me to the ground. 

I catch myself on the ground before my body makes rough contact. 'Shit I let my guard down' is the only thought running through my head.

Jumping to my feet away from the person I see who I'm dealing with. 

"R-rory" I choked out, freezing in my tracks for a millisecond. 

"where are you going sweety", Rory slurred, he probably doesn't remember me, it's been so long.

I compose myself. "I will slaughter you into oblivion you pathetic sicko." I seethe my words out. 

Hands on my concealed butterfly blade, I get ready to strike when a gentle hand pushes me back.

"Rory, Leave the girl alone." I-it's suspected Marcus. His voice was stern, and somehow conforting.

"Marcuusss, is this your little girllyyyy" Rory rolls. So it is Marcus. 

"No Rory, what did I say, leave the girl alon-" Rory wouldn't have it. Charging towards the two of us.

I act quickly, yanking Marcus by the jacket to the side, spinning to the side and bringing the back of my shoe to Rorys sick nose.

"Come with me!" I grab at Marcus' arm but end up holding his hand instead somehow.