"What the Fuck" - Rebooted

(Cliff hanger, I'm just posting this unfinished, if anyone is super keen on getting the rest of it, go ahead and comment, I just don't know if anyone really cares lmao)

"With every obstacle, there comes a mental awakening. What did you learn from that obstacle: possibly that you are not what you thought you were to be?, That the people around you are not what you thought they were to be, or possibly that the world is not what it seems to be." My AP manipulations teacher spoke to us. That line seems to be the thing I've been struggling with ever since I got to King's Dominion.

It's been about a month now since I first put on this uniform 58 days since I killed for the first time, 56, since I killed a second time and I've forgotten rest.

I walked to the garden after being dismissed for the day, it was an early dismissal. I've started to become more familiar with my peers and usually hang around a group to be entertained by their dumbassery. It was a spare day at King's, and I thought I would be more appreciative of the down time. I was expecting to find dumb activities all throughout the halls but I suppose everyone was sleeping, or they left the property for the day

On most days Chico would be here with his goons—hawks hunting down anything that moved: today he was not in sight, wonder why... Who cares, I needed to learn to not let the jackass get on my nerves anymore, he wasn't worth the mental energy. 

I stood out in the small courtyard. I should've grabbed my sweater this morning when I left the dorm, it wasn't particularly cold, but it was so lightly raining and I wished for my hood. There were no hoods on the uniform. 

To my luck, I spotted a figure perched on one of the particularly larger boulders just out of sight. If it weren't for the vibrant red trimming of his uniform, it would have had to been more deliberate of a search.

I understood that someone who was sat in the corner of a garden might not want anyone to disturb them, however, I was a curious person and boredom almost always beats common sense; so I calmly walked over.

The person was oblivious to my position behind them and jumped when I spoke.

"Kinda sketchy, ya know, sitting in the corner behind a tree, a little suspicious." I joked.

It happened to be Marcus—the edgy hardcore bombshell new kid. Though he was new, his presence was somewhat controversial (or as controversial as a school that openly welcomed neo-nazis, not much can top that fucking bs). In the little time he was here at King's, me managed to at least polarize a good portion of the school. Some enjoyed him, most hated him, and the kids that didn't give a shit were unopinionated. I tried to deny the cuteness though, for my sake, I felt that maybe I didn't know him well enough to have a true judgement on his character. 

Everything about him was practically a perfect mess is some strange way.

Marcus stared, devoid of something in his eyes—He was off, and it was evident in his face. Attempting to respond to my sneak attack all his words came out as panicked profanities, I cut him off after a word or two.

"Dude, chill out, I'm not here to kill you. Relax." I chuckled a bit to add a layer of easiness to the statement. He let out a big sigh, scratching the back of his neck as he seemed to try to adjust to my presence. 

"Yeah, I know that you won't, but that doesn't necessarily go for everyone else here." He stared down at the ground that he kicked with his ratty sneaker, barely giving me a glance.

I can't say that Marcus was much of a calm person. In the week or two that I had known him, I had noticed that under his 'cool' composure, he really was just very paranoid. I couldn't really blame him, but sometimes he was too caught up in his own little world to be aware of those around him.