Chapter 35| Maria and Peter

THIRD PERSON
Throughout the next week after the defeat

Life was good for Maria and Peter now. Everything seemed to land into place.

For the next week, everybody seemed to be getting used to seeing Maria and Peter as a couple, despite the shock from some.

Once they were back from school on that Monday after the weekend of defeating TED, everyone was surprised. No, nothing to do with TED, but the fact Peter and Maria were well... a thing.

"Did you hear Maria is dating that Peter Parker?"

"Never would have thought she would have ended up with him."

"Maria and Peter? Dating? No, no way."

Those were just some of the pieces of gossip passed around the school, like a grapevine. It didn't necessarily bother Maria or Peter though, no one dared say it to their faces. Even with everyone surprised- besides Ned of course- most people thought they were actually cute.

Ned rejoiced about the fact they were together and even told Maria the whole story of convincing Peter to ask her out like he himself was the hero. Peter did not enjoy the embarrassment from Ned, but Maria found it adorable.

As for Ashtyn, you may be wondering?

Ashtyn wasn't too hot about the idea at first. I mean, once she saw them blushing and him helping her with her books at her locker, she hardcore squinted at them. She didn't even lift her eyes when she spoke to Ned near her.

"Wait just a minute..." She had stomped over there while Ned followed her frantically behind. "You two are dating?!"

And the rest is history. Even though she won't admit it now, she slowly is starting to find them sort of cute together. Good ol' Ashtyn.

And then there's Kade. Kade had been suspicious the first day on Monday of their close actions, but it wasn't until Flash confirmed they were dating that he really found it odd.

Every day for that week, whenever just them or their group of friends passed by- obviously ignoring him and laughing or talking- he would silently observe them. He wasn't necessarily jealous of Peter, he just didn't understand why someone like Maria would date him. He was skeptical but kept his thoughts to himself.

Now, what about outside of school? Aunt May loved Maria, and Peter was beginning to believe she loved his girlfriend more than she loved him. Not that there was anything wrong with that, Aunt May just was happy Peter was doing more with his life- little knowing that he was secretly Spiderman.

But I am not talking about Aunt May when I mean 'outside of school, ' I am talking about The Avengers.

After defeating TED, they still held meetings that week. Yes, and they would still train a little. The Avengers found out that everything was settled between Peter, Maria, and Tony about the relationship, and most were happy.

Sure, it was a little weird at first understanding that they were now more than friends, but most of them found it cute.

Natasha found it adorable and was pretty chill about the fact Maria was dating Peter. Bruce didn't have that much to say- honestly, he didn't care either way. Typical him. Thor was sort of confused at first... considering he thought she liked that Kade Austin... but he was happy anyway. Sam and Rhodey were glad and teased them often, and Vision was well 'understanding.' Wanda told Maria if she ever needs help with boys, go to her. Clint though... was very protective of Maria and told Peter if he screwed up the last thing he will ever see is his arrow. Peter was scared.