Chapter Eight

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a lot of leaf shinobi appeared.

"Thanks for waiting," said the man with multiple scars on his face. "I am Ibiki Morino, the examiner for the chunin selection exam's first test.

There will be no fighting without the permission of the examiner. Even if permission is granted, killing your opponent is not tolerated. Those pigs that disobey me will be failed immediately. Do I make myself clear?"

Naruto laughed. "Ibiki, haven't seen you so long and you treat me as if I'm not here.?"

"Oh, it's just you," disregarded Ibiki. "Anyway, we will now start the first test in the chunin exam. Pick one of these tabs and sit in the seat assigned to you. We will hand out the exams."

After a few minutes, everyone had settled down.

"Do not turn over your tests over. Listen carefully. There are many important rules for this first test. I'll write it on the board while I explain but questions will not be allowed.

The first rule: you guys will start with 10 points. The test is made up of 10 questions each For every one answer, one point is subtracted off the original 10 points.

The second rule: this is a team test. Passing will be determined by the combined score of your teammates. Each team will compete to see how many points they can hold on to from the initial total off 30."

"Wait a second," objected Sakura. "I don't understand this initial point system but why is it a team test?"

"Shut up, you don't have the right to question me. There is a reason for this. Be quiet and listen. Okay, and now the most important rule: anyone caught by the proctors cheating will have two points subtracted for every offence.

The pathetic ones that get caught cheating will be destroying themselves. As genins trying to become chunins, be proud.

And the final rule, those that lose all their initial points during the test and those that don't answer any questions correctly...will be failed along with their other two teammates.

The exam will last for one hour...BEGIN!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"The first question is a cryptogram. Okay, let's do it." thought Sasuke.

Naruto along with Sakura breezed through the questions. After 10 minutes, Naruto was done and was about to sleep but he had an idea.

"Hey, guys, don't shout because I'm in your brain, but this is a mental link between us three so we can communicate through our minds," thought Naruto.

Sakura and Sasuke gasped silently.

"How are you able to do this?" questioned Sakura in her mind.

"Never mind that but you guys have figured out the point of the test, right? This test is to test our intelligence but also our information gathering skills.

If you are going to cheat, don't do it pathetically. Make sure you're discreet. For the time being, let's just exchange answers just in case many teams are eligible to advance."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well into the exam, many genins had begun to realise the purpose of it. Kiba used Akamaru to spy other people's answers. Shino used his bugs while TenTen and Lee used their forehead protectors as mirrors and reflectors.

Neji and Hinata used their Byakugan while Sasuke used his Sharingan. Ino used her Mind-Body Switch Jutsu to copy answers off Sakura then possessed Shikamaru and Choji to write in their answers for them.