Chapter 4~ Snazzy Suits

Lance's POV—

Lance awoke to slight movement from atop his chest. He opened his eyes to the dark room and let his eyes adjust a bit. Looking down, he saw Keith curled up on the couch beside him, resting with his head on top of his chest. He was stirring, most likely having a dream, and was clutching onto the fabric of Lance's shirt.

He took a moment to admire Keith's bed head. It was rough and all over the place, yet still seemed to be combed in the general shape as normal. His hair was long, surprisingly not knotted like Lance had thought it would be. He ran his fingers through Keith's bangs cautiously and dared not try anything more in fear of waking him up.

Lance shivered slightly, realizing that the blanket on his side was completely flipped off him. He pulled it over his shoulder again and snuggled into the edge as he heard Keith make a small groaning noise, most likely meaning he had awoken.

"Mnn..." Keith's eyes opened slowly to reveal Lance smiling warmly at him.

"Morning, sleepy head."

Keith noticed he was on top of Lance and immediately retreated to the other side of the couch. "Oh my gosh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sleep on you! I guess before the movie ended I must've fallen asleep, but if I did you could've said something if you needed me to-"

"Relax."

Keith's face showed he was clearly confused, "what?"

"I didn't wake you up because I didn't feel the need to. I fell asleep not long after anyways."

"O- okay... sorry anyways."

Keith fixed his bangs out of his eyes and adjusted his shirt as Lance got up from the couch. "We'll have to go down to the caf for breakfast today, but if we stop by the grocery store on the first floor after class, I can make killer breakfasts for us."

Keith nodded and went to his room to get into a new outfit. Lance did the same in his room.

Keith's POV—

The two boys got their shoes on and headed down the stairs to the caf.

"Man, I wish they had elevators." Lance sulked.

"They do, they're just on the other side of the building. It'd be pointless to use them just for a walk to the caf and back."

"Eh, I guess."

They made their way out of the stairwell and into the cafeteria, which was already boiling over with college students. Keith took a deep breath in and smelt the lingering scent of food goo from the lineups before being dragged towards the end of one by Lance.

Keith huffed, "these lineups are way too long. They should have more windows."

Lance chuckled a bit, "when do cafeterias ever have enough windows?"

That made them both chuckle a little bit before standing silently in the bustling caf lineup around dozens of full tables.

Once they reached the windows and collected some food goo, Lance and Keith surveyed the tables for familiar faces.

"Over here!" Shiro waved his robotic arm in the air to catch the boys' attention. They came to sit beside them and began chatting with their comrades.

"What time are your guys' spacesuit fittings at?" Hunk asked, pulling a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket. The others did the same, all taking out a small sheet of white paper.

"Mine is at 2:00, Engineering Bay," Pidge said.

"4:00 at Combat Quarters," Allura placed down her page. "Is anyone else here not an engineer or a pilot? AKA, a fighter?"