The Third Option After Death

I opened the trunk of my car slowly and took my suitcase, along with a black backpack. A hand reached at the trunk' door and closed it, I turned my head to the right side and saw Clara beaming at me. A small silver diamond ring wrapped on her left ring finger, and it sparkled under the sun. I smiled at her while put my backpack on the top of my suitcase.

"Do you have everything?" she asked me while tucked a few of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"I think I have" I said and patted the small bag on my side "I have my passport, some money in American dollar, my plane ticket, my phone and my credit card"

Clara stepped closer to me "Aren't you forgetting something?" she said and sent me a little grin.

I chuckled as I put one of my hand behind her head and pulled her face closer to me.

"Saying good bye to my amazing fiancé?" I looked at her brown eyes.

She let out a small giggle as she put her forehead into mine, her warm breath tickle my cheek.

"You forget, this" she said and gave me a small peck on my lips.

I closed my eyes as I enjoyed every second with her, her scent, her warmth and her voice. I wrapped my arm around her rather tall body and pulled her even closer, I buried my head into the crook of her neck. I didn't know why but I had this feeling that, I wouldn't able to see her again.

"Reiner" she began to laugh lightly "You just going back to D.C for a 2 weeks, why are you acting like you are going into a war?"

I let out snort as I pulled myself away from her "Do you really have to ruin that?"

She stuck her tongue out at me jokingly, as she snatched my car key from my hand "Just go, before you're miss your flight"

I ruffled her blonde hair "Okay, okay. I'll go, for now. See you soon?"

She nodded her head "See you soon, babe"

After that I began to pull my suitcase into the departure area of Frankfurt Airport, I showed my passport and my plane ticket to the security guard, before I entered the Airport area. Luckily, I already checked myself in so, I didn't have to join the long line on the counter to get the real ticket. After I got my real ticket, and handed my suitcase as a baggage. I quickly headed to the immigration area since, usually the line there pretty long. A middle age man smiled at me when he saw my passport.

"Holiday?" he asked me in heavy German accent.

"Yes, winter holiday" I said.

"Oh, what university do you attend?" he asked me again.

"Frankfurt University" I said proudly "I took Pharmacy degree there and just graduated three days ago"

"That's good to hear" the man smiled, while stamped my passport.

"Thank you" I said as the man handed me my passport back.

I began to walk into the gate 5B that printed into my ticket, and sat there for the calling to aboard the plane. After waiting for an hour, the intercom began to announce to aboard the plane because it's ready to depart. I began to stand up, and fall into the line of people that headed into America, I showed my ticket to a beautiful woman that wore a flight attendant uniform, before I walked into the hallway that lead into the plane. After a few minute, I already inside the plane and found my seat, which an aisle seat. I sat there and buckled my seat belt, while began to turn my phone into airplane mode. I almost dozed off, when the captain told us that the airplane will be taking off soon. Lazily, I began to watch some random movie that the plane provided on the small screen in front of me, fall asleep, woke up rather suddenly, got an in-flight meal that didn't have a taste, fall asleep again, and woke up because I need to go to the restroom.