Children at Play

Narrator's POV

"Bye guys." Tony told Peter and Oliver as they walked out the door for school. Peter was taking Oliver to school.

"Bye Dad." Peter waved him goodbye and took Oliver Bye the hand.

"Bye Papa." Oliver said, walking with his big brother.

Tony smiled and watched them disappear down the street. He went back inside and ran to his and Stephen's room.

"Oh Stepheeeeennnnn~" Tony sang as he entered the darkened room. He flickered the lights on.

Stephen shifted in the sheets. "Tony." He groaned and pulled the covers over him. He was so warm, so soft in the white linen. The room fell into a sudden silence. Ah, finally some peace and quiet. He turned over in the sheets.

"What are we hiding from?" Tony asked, appearing suddenly beside Stephen.

"Tony!" Stephen shoved a pillow in his face and turned the other way, getting out of bed.

"What? Aww, did I wake you up from your nappy nap?" Tony asked, sitting up in the bed smiling. He watched Stephen walk to the bathroom.

"Nappy nap?" Stephen asked turning around at the doorway into the bathroom. "I had the late shift. It's six in the morning. I'm tired. My body hurts." Stephen said, agitated.

"You're so cute when you're mad." Tony said, smiling like an idiot to his husband.

"Go to hell Stark." Stephen growled and threw a small face towel at Tony. He turned his back to him, fixing to close the door when something softly hit him in the back. He stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around. He saw the small face towel on the ground behind him. He looked at Tony, who was smiling at him. "Are you serious right now?"

"What?" Tony asked, looking all innocent.

"I'm actually going to fucking kill you." Stephen said.

"Nah. You love me too mu-" Tony was cut off by a soap bar that hit him in the forehead. "Ow, Stephen what the fu-" Stephen jumped on Tony and held him in a headlock. "O-Okay Stephen. I think th-that's enough."

"You forget Stark. I used to cut people." Stephen growled as he struggled a bit to keep Tony in the head lock.

"You were a doctor." Tony managed to get out, trying to get Stephen off of him.

"I had bad days." Stephen said.

///0///0

Stephen stood at the other side of the island in the kitchen, drinking lavender tea and reading a book. Tony sat across from him, holding an ice pack to his head. He moved it a bit.

"Don't move it. You'll only make it worse." Stephen said, keeping his eyes on the book.

Tony groaned, he put the ice pack on the counter top. "Now I know not to disturb the sorcerer supreme when he hasn't had his beauty sleep." Tony said.

"Mhm." Stephen nodded, flipping the page of his book and continuing his reading.

///0///0

"Stephen! Stephen! Stephen!" Tony ran to the library, disturbing the silence that fell upon it.

"Oh my fucking..." Stephen groaned, rolling his eyes. He was meditating, floating peacefully in the air, trying to ease his mind...well, until Tony came in and disturbed it. He turned around, facing Tony, who had a box in his hands. "What?" He asked.

"They came in." Tony said, smiling. He shoved the box into Stephen's face.

Stephen pushed the box away. "What is it?" He asked.