Flexibility, Love, and Trust

For -Doctor-Strange- 

Narrator's POV

"Tony wait." Stephen followed Tony.

"Don't talk to me Stephen." Tony sighed. He sat down in front of a large glass window. "I need to be alone." He said, staring at the endless trail of stars.

Stephen took a seat next to him, sighing as well.

There was silence between the two.

"Stephen..." Tony spoke. "I know that you're scared and feel completely out of place...and worried." Tony gave a small chuckle. "...worried a lot." He paused, giving a small smile at the ground. "I am too. A lot. I don't know how this fight will turn out, but I do know one thing..." He placed a hand on Stephen's shoulder. Stephen looked up at him. "I don't want to spend what could be our last hours alive like this." He said with tears in his eyes.

Stephen's eyes grew saddened at the sight of his broken husband.

"I know we fight quite often and disagree a lot, but I don't want things to end like this. Not this time." Tony said. "You and Peter and Oliver are the most important thing to me in this whole universe. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to any of you. Stephen, I love you. I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to you." Tony was trying to be so strong to hold tears back.

"Tony, Tony." Stephen took his husband's shaking hands in his. Tony looked up at him with watery eyes. "Honey calm down." Stephen smiled softly at him. "Nothing's going to happen to me. The kids are going to be okay. We will be okay." Tony sniffled. "I know this is nothing like you've faced before, and I've certainly not experienced anything like this." Stephen laughed a little. "But I guarantee you that in the end, we will be okay. No matter what happens..." He placed a hand on Tony's cheek and placed his forehead against his. "...we will make it through this."

"Oh, Stephen." Tony pulled him close. "Please don't leave me." Stephen slowly wrapped his arms around Tony, rubbing his back. He didn't say anything. Tony pulled away and looked at Stephen. "Kiss me." He said softly.

Stephen looked at him. "Wha..."

"Stephen, kiss me." Tony said again.

"I don't know if this is the most appropriate time t-"

"Please." Tony looked up at him.

Stephen didn't say anything, he just looked at his husband. He placed a hand on Tony's cheek, tracing his lips with his thumb. He leaned in closer, his eyelids fell halfway down. Tony's eyes slowly fell closed as he waited for his lips to be kissed.

Stephen connected their lips, initiating a chemical reaction in both of their hearts.

Their hearts beat hard, pumping boiling blood through their bodies. Every sensory nerve on their body felt something. Their souls held each other. They felt at home, they felt at peace. They were so in love.

How can I try to explain, when I do he turns away again
It's always been the same, same old story
From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away
I know I have to go

Two souls swimming in a fish bowl that was the infinite universe; not knowing what lay ahead of them. That didn't matter. What mattered only was this moment. They had married, raised children, loved each other, loved their children. What more could anyone ask for?

All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside,
It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it
If they were right, I'd agree, but it's them you know not me
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away
I know I have to go

They had made love, sharing one flame. Holding each other close, healing each others' wounds with nothing but their love. It was such a wonderful thing. It was precious, more than anything in the world, more than anything in the universe.

You couldn't begin to imagine how loving someone this much could feel so good.

You hear in movies and read in fairy tales about how the couple always love each other, and life's always perfect.

Their life was far from perfect, but that's what made loving each other worth it. They both had their ups and downs, they fought and the arguments, some ended with them hurting each other.

But even after all of that, they still loved each other the same as when they first met and accepted each other's faults. And that's what made their love so pure. Their flame never went out. How could it?

These two souls were so in love, nothing could pull them apart. The gods themselves could try and tear them from each other, but they would fight with all they have to find their way back to each other.

They were in it for the long haul.

Their astral forms went back into their physical form.

Stephen pulled away from Tony, resting his forehead against Tony's. They panted, trying to catch their breaths.

"Anthony..." Stephen said. "I promise I won't let anything happen to you."

"I love you." Tony told Stephen.

"I love you too."