Chapter Sixteen

CHARACTERS BELONG TO SOMAN CHAINANI

Merlin's Cave 

"As of now, we know almost nothing about Rhian," Tedros said, "the things he's told us could all be lies."

"We don't even know his weaknesses," reminded Hort.

"That's where your wrong," chuckled Tedros as if he knew something they didn't.

"Right now Rhian only one weakness, we need to capture this weakness and destroy it." As he said this Tedros looked vindictive, bitter and spiteful like he was going to crush this weakness under his boot. No one had ever seen him like this, he almost looked... Evil

"You talk about his weakness as if it was something more than a trait, an attribute, a quality."

"His weakness isn't an adjective" explained Tedros, "she's a person."

"A person?" Anadil asked her albino eyebrows furrowing. 

"No" whispered Hester moving towards Tedros with purpose, her eyes frantic "you wouldn't."

"I don't get it, who does he mean?" asked Beatrix 

"Are you referring to.." Nicola looked up at  Tedros trying to meet his eyes,  but he turned away from her.

"His mother is dead you can't.." began Hort until he paused finally catching on, "are you crazy!"

Suddenly they all understood.

"Agatha" mumbled Dot.

Camelot Castle

 After hours of crying and uselessly banging on the door, Agatha was finally called for dinner. She was scrubbed clean before being dressed in a baby blue gown with a bodice covered in butterflies, each shining like deep sea crystals. 

The dining room was one of the largest rooms in the castle. It's magnificent chandelier illuminated the room. Blood red carpet covered the floor, while a carved table spanned across the room, big enough for a hundred people to sit at a time. The table was covered with enough food to feed all of Camelot. 

Rhian was seated at the far end of the room next to a middle-aged man covered in a suit of intricate black armor. His left eye was scarred covered by a heart-shaped eyepatch. 

"Ah, you must be the lady of this castle" he regarded Agatha,  his wavy black hair falling into his eyes. "Yes, this is my princess" Rhian gloated as though she was some trophy to be won. She smiled, curtsying before hesitantly taking her seat. "Agatha, this Ilosovic Stayne or the Knave of Hearts" introduced Rhian.

"Pleasure to meet you, your highness," he said taking her hand in his before kissing her knuckles, Agatha flinched. She tried to wrack her brain for answers on who this person might be. 

"Most people know me as the Black Knight from Wonderland."

"But, weren't you banished from Wonderland" argued Agatha.

"And now I am here"

"But no one was supposed to talk to you to show you any kindness," said Agatha the muscle in her jaw almost jumping. She knew the black knight had something to do with Rhian's plans. This man was once the Redqueen's personal assassin surely he didn't just come to have supper. 

"Yes, the White Queen did decree all those things but, times are changing, people are changing" he replied chugging down a goblet of wine, "we must not dwell on the past."