Chapter Fourteen

ALL CHARACTERS BELONG TO SOMAN CHAINANI 

Merlin's Cave 

Until now, Tedros couldn't comprehend how his father felt about his mother after she was disloyal. But now he knew exactly how King Arthur felt. 

"I guess they were right. You really are a witch." 

As the words left his mouth he instantly regretted it. Agatha's chin was quivering and for a second, just for a second, she looked vulnerable. Tedros never imagined he would ever hurt her like this.

He loved her;

Even though she did belong to Rhian now.

Even though she may not love him anymore.

He still loved her. No matter how angry he may have seemed, or how hurt he felt. Maybe she still loved him too. But now as he peered at her, she no longer looked wounded and vulnerable.

She looked furious. Without a second thought, Agatha raised her pale arm and slapped Tedros right across his face. He flinched, Tedros never expected she would react like that and resort to violence. 

"How dare you," Agatha fumed, it looked like she had more to say, but instead of continuing she paused giving him a withering look before she turned and stomped away. As she marched away the faint sound of sniffling could be heard. This made Tedros' stomach plummet because he knew that Agatha was crying. 

That she was crying because of him.

Her figure than disappeared engulfed by the woods. And like before, he was alone.

Tedros huffed and rubbed his head as he made his way back to Merlin's Cave. 

As he walked back inside, the former king found his friends gathered, in a circle, no longer sad but laughing. Merlin passed around a framed painting around the group. Hester immediately exploded in a fit of cackles. The painting was small, old and almost faded. It was of Merlin, who was sat at his desk, grinning like a Cheshire cat. Beneath him was Tedros. He was maybe five in the picture, he was sat cross-legged on Merlin's lap. 

The picture captured Tedros, utterly focused, attempting to braid Merlin's beard!

The whole room was alive with laughter. Between giggles, Beatrix said, "Can you braid my hair, Teddy."

"Wow!" snickered Hort, "your more talented than I thought."

"This reminds me," said Reena, "do you remember when Agatha first came to Camelot."

"Oh I do!" exclaimed Dot, "Tedros was trying to impress her, he even baked a cake."

"Yeah, and it was bloody annoying," complained Hester, "he kept sending us letters about what type of pan to use for the cake."

"As if we know," grumbled Anadil, "we're witches we don't bake!"

"But Hester," said Dot, "didn't your mother live in a gingerbread house?"

Hester glowered before seething, "No one asked for your two cents Dot."

"Oh," said Dot as her eyes cast down, "I don't have two cents, I'm dirt poor."

"No wonder Evil always loses," said Dean Dovey rolling her eyes while Nicola facepalmed. 

"Well," replied Tedros finally stepping out of the shadows so his friends could see him, 

"If we don't act now, Evil might finally win."