Chapter 5

Really short,, I know!

  Gaster P.O.V

The yellow blush on Gaster's cheeks would put lemons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) to shame. He gulped(???) and coughed. His mind was racing and he lifted his gaze to look at Y/N. Her face was discovering entirely new shades of red. So it seemed she was in the same place as him. He bit his lip (??) and averted his eyes.

She coughed, and in a weak, quavering voice, she spoke.

"W-We're not together.." Your response had Sans grinning wider, and sharing a look with Papyrus. Papyrus chuckled, breaking the awkward silence.

Sans stood up suddenly, closing his eyes and smiling like an anime boy.

"Welp, I'm going to Grillby's. Wanna come?" Papyrus let out a strangled gagging sound and shook his head, muttering something about grease.

Gaster had half a mind to go because he wanted to see his old friend Grillby. But of course, your opinion mattered almost too much to him. He looked over to Y/N, whose blush was still prominent and unfading. She was smiling at Papyrus's antics. I must've spaced out staring at her for a good minute.

"Sure!" Her voice was stronger and filled with excitement, most likely from the anticipation of the new experience. Sans smiled wider and turned to Gaster, who gave him a tiny nod. Sans clapped his hands together, powerful magic practically radiating off of him. Y/N stood up too, grinning widely, almost mirroring Sans.

Gaster sighed and stood up, dusting himself off. He gave them a small lopsided grin, which had Y/N blushing again.

Sans reached out and grabbed my arm, along with Y/N's. His eye flared cyan blue, and suddenly they weren't in the living room. He was surrounded by an inky blackness. He hadn't teleported with Sans in a while and what he saw during his teleportation was different to this. It reminded him of that dreaded place. He sucked in a breath desperately, only to find that there was no air.

He felt himself suffocating in that blackness, that horrible darkness that had plagued his life for so long. Yellow tears gathered in the corners of his eye sockets. Horrible sounds echoed in his head and he could feel a fierce headache coming on. He felt himself shaking horribly. The only tether he had to the outside was Sans's hand, firmly grasping his sleeve.

Suddenly, it was all gone. No more blackness. Gaster sighed with relief and soon after let out a small sob, followed by a quiet whimper. Sans whirled around, and his eyes widened. He began to apologize, much to the confusion of poor Y/N. He wiped away his tears and waved Sans away.

Sans sighed an walked into Grillby's, holding open the door for everyone. Sans led Y/N around, offering her a seat next to his own. She smiled and took it. Gaster silently sat behind her. Her eyes sparkled as she looked around the establishment. Sans smiled and waited for Grillby.

Grillby, the flaming (hot) bartender came into the room from the fire escape. He walked over to where Sans was sitting and leaned onto the bar. He placed a ketchup bottle in front of Sans

"Heya Grillbz, this is Gaster's friend Y/N." Grillby looked at her, and, leaning over the bar, kissed her cheek in a friendly greeting.

Gaster bristled noticeably. He tuned out from the conversation. If he didn't, he would've heard that Grillby meant it platonically and figured it was a human way to greet someone. Gaster sighed, looking at the ground. 'I should've known she wouldn't like me..' He dared not look up at her.

'Who would like a scarred up freak like me anyway..? I'm too much work..'

Somewhere inside him, a small, thin crack spiderwebbed through the middle. He clutched his chest, over his soul and let out a shaky breath.

Why was life so cruel?