Chapter 4

After Gaster and the taller skeleton recovered from the bad pun, you were invited inside. The door was shut, cutting off all the cold air. The house had a warm cosy feel and was automatically comforting. But you're still polite so you kept standing awkwardly.

"heya, buddy, sit down." The smaller skeleton broke the silence. You quickly nodded, and with a smile, you took a seat next to Gaster. "OH NO! SANS! WE'RE SO RUDE! WE HAVEN'T INTRODUCED OURSELVES!" The taller one suddenly said (screamed).

"chill Pap, she's smart enough to know our names by now, and Gast probably already said something."

The taller skeleton sighed dramatically and slammed his foot onto the coffee table. "NONSENSE SANS! HUMAN, I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS! BUT CAN CALL ME PAPYRUS!" While he said this, his little scarf thing fluttered around despite there being no wind.

You nodded with a friendly smile, which he seemed to appreciate. "oh i'm Sans by the way." He shrugged. Papyrus looked a bit mad at his anti-climactic introduction, by he didn't say anything.

Gaster seemed to be sweat-dropping the whole time. You were about to ask why when you realized you hadn't introduced yourself. "Oh, sorry, I'm (y/n)." You gave a nervous smile.

A loud beeping interrupted the silence. "OH NO! MY SPAGHETTI!" Papyrus commando-rolled into the kitchen majestically.

"heh. my bro is pretty cool huh?" San asked you with a smile. You nodded. "Oh yes, very cool. And expressive." He seemed to smile brighter, and he turned to Gaster.

"hey Gast, what's wrong? you haven't said anything. did the cold FREEZE you up?" Gaster let out a sigh of annoyance.

"That one was very bad Sans," He said with a kind of lopsided grin. Heat rose you your cheeks. He was so cute! OH WAIT NO HE ISN'T YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE FEELINGS FOR HIM!

"pfft, you have no taste in good puns. what do you think (y/n)?"

Oh no. A decision.

"Well, I have successfully executed a pun before, so I know how hard it is to think of them. Your puns are pretty good under pressure."

He seemed to smile wider if that was even possible. "see that Gast? i knew someone other than Tori liked them."

Gaster sighed. "Fine, Sans, you win. Your puns are decent." Sans let out a tiny noise of triumph.

Papyrus came in with four bowls of steaming spaghetti.

"NYEH HEH HEH! THE GREAT PAPYRUS HAS PREPARED THE FINEST OF CUISINE FOR OUR GUESTS! AND SANS."

He set the dishes down and sat down. Gaster cringed and Sans sweatdropped, his smile unwavering. You shrugged and picked up your fork. Before Sans or Gaster could warn you, and forkful was already in your mouth.

And boy did it taste good. Letting out a distinct 'Mmm' sound, you hurried to get another forkful. Gaster, watching you develop a food-induced coma, cautiously scooped up some. He squeezed his eyes shut, and shoved it in his mouth.

His eyes shot open. "W-Wow Papyrus! This is amazing!" Sans looked at you guys like you were insane. "GLAD YOU NOTICED! IT IS A NEW RECIPE USING HUMAN INGREDIENTS! SANS! TRY SOME!" Sans took one last glance at Gaster and yours' delighted faces, and shrugged, scooping some up.

He seemed to say a prayer before eating it. He swallowed it, and h=smiled. "this is really good bro." Papyrus almost squealed in joy and devoured his whole bowl in 2.56 seconds.

After politely clapping at Papyrus's feat, you finished your meal. You stood and collected everyone's bowls, but Sans sopped you. "buddy, let me do them, it's our house." You gave him a look that said, 'Are you sure?' and he nodded.

You sighed and he picked up everyone's bowls. Suddenly, with a flash of cyan, Sans was gone. You gasped silently, and Papyrus noticed your open mouth. "I APOLOGIZE (Y/N), SANS NORMALLY USES MAGIC TO GET AROUND BECAUSE of HE SO LAZY!" He emphasized the word 'Lazy'

A small chuckle escaped you, and Gaster glanced your way with yellow cheeks (Unnoticed by you). Papyrus glanced between the two of you with a look of realization on his face. Gaster cocked his head slightly and papyrus let out a chuckle.

"SO ARE YOU GUYS TOGETHER? BECAUSE YOU SHOULD BE!" Your face erupted. As did Gaster. Sans happened to come in at that exact moment. "what a HEATED conversation."

True. Very true.