"Well... that's great. What does he look like though? Is he hot?" Nancy asks wiggling her eyebrows.

"Well, he's quite tall; I look like a child next to him. He has dirty blonde hair with big brown almond eyes, thin lips and is slim built. He is also very intellectual and working on becoming a partner at the law firm, which I am very proud of him for." Faith finishes smiling brightly.

"Well, he sounds... interesting." Nancy drifts off, twirling a piece of shiny auburn hair absentmindedly around her finger. "So... what do you think of Blackstone?" She begins again, obviously bored as the business reaches a slow period.

"It's nice, very different to London obviously. I don't miss it much, not yet anyway. London was always so loud... so busy. There was never a time to stop and think." Faith ponders aloud.

It was true to say that Blackstone was the complete opposite from London. Whilst London was chaotic in terms of frantic people and rivers of traffic, Blackstone was orderly and simple; quiet. Whilst London had more roadkill and pollution then living animals and healthy areas, Blackstone is pure, the night sky a great canvas of blinking fairy lights taking Faith by surprise every evening. Here she can truly breathe, not having to worry about how many days of her life are subtracted from the fumes infesting her body with every heavy breath. Before moving to Blackstone, Faith had only been to the beach three times in her life, never having the time or the pure desire to go. But now, she can see the beach from her bedroom window, and hear the gentle rise and fall of the seas breath, as the waves wash in and out methodically onto Blackstone Beach. She cannot believe what she has been missing out on for the last nineteen years of her existence. She has not slept as well as she does at Blackstone for most of her teenage and arguably adult life.

The town is obviously smaller then those in London, with only a minimal, basic few scattered stores about, most local businesses the people depend upon. However, Faith found herself becoming rather accustomed to the change, never having been one for the dramatics, and is not in love with shopping as many girls her age are. She would gladly swap heels for sneakers at any given moment. Her sister, though, was a different story. Whilst she appreciated the move, she was dreadfully missing her many friends, the top end salons and abundance of shops at every given turn in London. Faith had hope that she would soon settle in though and learn to love country life as she already did.

The small town of Blackstone is situated right next to a cove, and only has one road leading in and out, over Bergen hill. The town is located in what the locals call 'The Bowl'. It is impossible to see the town unless you climb or drive up the seemingly endless prominence, but when you reach the top, it is worth it, as when you look down the other side you see the pretty town littered around the shimmering waters and majestic bay, drawing you in closer. Blackstone Cove made Faith's breath hitch every time she saw it, which so far was every morning as her house was situated on the cliffs leading down to the cove. As insinuated by the name, Blackstone Cove is a stony beach, with each rock a vivid midnight black colour. Under the silvery shine of the moon, they seem almost to glow at night, looking enchanting. The cliffs and rocks arising from the crystal water are also a polished black colour, looking like liquid oil as the waves wash over them. Deep shades of purple flowers glow on the cliffs, rising like a phoenix out of the bottomless waters.

As Faith and Hope explored the beach they came across many ominous looking mouths of darkness; caves. Something about them made Faith want to inch closer, but she drew back, not wanting to be swallowed into the unending darkness. She was later very pleased she didn't go in them, as there were signs that she missed stating how dangerous they were, warning not to enter. Still, Faith could not forget the feeling she had when she touched the obsidian black rock leading to the largest cave. It was almost like electricity shooting through her palm. The question of what she could discover if she entered plagued her mind, but her fear of being crushed by tonnes of rock forced her to stay safely wrapped up in her house or on the beach.

"I was going to ask you actually... on the beach, there's caves right? What's inside them?" Faith asks Nancy.

"Well, they're off limits. If you value your life, you will stay away Faith. Creatures of the night are said to live in them, and if you go in you may never come out." Nancy tells her with the straightest of faces, sending a chill down Faith's spine.

"Oh, ok." Faith replied unsurely as Nancy turns to speak to a lady in the waiting room.

Faith could not help but feel like there was something... odd about the caves. Nancy certainly didn't want to talk about them, and the way they whispered for her to draw closer like a siren, well it was creepy. Faith decided to wipe the thoughts from her mind, knowing she should be focusing on her job, but as she looked over towards Nancy, she noticed Cynthia, the office manager, staring at her through the window of the door to the clinic. There was something almost inhuman about the way she stared at her, as if Cynthia could read her mind. Then her lips curled up into a perhaps amused grin, but to Faith, it was hair-raising and spine chilling. The way she was looking... it made Faith feel like she was her next meal. Then she blinked and Cynthia was gone, leaving Faith even more confused... did she just imagine the whole thing? Faith was worried she was going crazy, nevertheless, the unease settled deep into her gut told her she wasn't, and she needed to watch her back.

Soon she would realise just how right she was, and how the most beautiful things can be the most ugly and destructive in reality.

Please vote if you're enjoying this!

Who are your favourite characters so far? What are your assumptions about the caves?

Love you guys! xoxo

Edited