Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

“She asked you out on a date? Wow that girl is fast” Jason spoke loudly. We were at the school hall, no matter where I went, he follows. And it didn’t even matter now if I was Sasha or Yuri, Jason follows.

“Yeah, so I nodded which means I agreed to it” I tried to swallow them but they spilled out. Why was I even telling all this to Jason anyway?

“Okay so let me get this straight, Belle came back and asks you out on a date. And you said yes without even talking to Yuri?”

“How can I ask her if she’s okay with me going on a date with Belle when I clearly know she’s not in her right mind right now?”

“Where is Yuri by the way? It’s been a while now since she hasn’t shown up” Jason asked while I locked my locker.

“I don’t know. She hasn’t shown up.”

“I didn’t think she meant it literally when she said all what she wanted do was to crawl up in a shell and never come out”

“She said that?”

“Yes, and she cursed Belle. Like A LOT!”

“Yuri tries to control the switches now, I’ve noticed that but she can’t hideout forever. She has to come out”

“She can’t even come out of the closet, yet alone a shell. Let the poor girl be jealous, she’ll know when to show up”

“I am worried about her, Jason” I admit truthfully.

“Me too” Jason agrees.

Just like earlier, my main focus was on Yuri. I worry for her; I don’t wish to hurt her. All I really wanted was to be there for her. Fix all her problems, and to always keep her happy. I thought as her alter, that was my job, until that job didn’t feel like a job anymore. I wanted to protect Yuri, I still do. I’ll fight heaven and hell for her. But knowing I can’t give her the one thing she wants from me, hurts me. It makes me angry and sad.

So now everything with Belle doesn’t make any sense. After that entire ruckus about wanting Belle back in my life, none of it really mattered anymore.

-                                                                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Gimme a minute” I called out, adjusting my hair. Belle was waiting downstairs for me. I stared at my reflection and tried to convince myself everything will run out smoothly.

“It’s gonna be fine” I whispered.

I ran downstairs to meet a very different Belle. Her hair was straightened; it was tied up, while I had let my hair down this time. I smiled at her as I spoke.

“You look beautiful”

“Thank you” She smiled back at me.

There was silence for a while as we walked together. I wanted to hold her hand but I couldn’t. So she did the honors. Her hand held mine tightly as we walked.

“I want to go to the beach, I heard there’s live music tonight” Belle suggested. And off we went to the beach. As soon as we got to the beach, we got ourselves ice cream and watched people playing truth or dare by the bonfire and listened to the great live music band.

This should be fun, right?

I should be feeling happy, but I felt uneasy. I should be glad but I felt sorry. I should be having fun, but I felt wrong. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t even notice Belle wasn’t even standing next to me anymore. I panicked thinking I had lost her to the crowd that gathered near the stage.

“Okay, we’ve got a guest who’ll be singing. Everyone, give Belle a round of applause” A man on the stage spoke through the microphone, making me unable to move from where I was standing. Belle is going to sing?

“Sasha, this one’s for you. I wrote this while being in Paris, thinking about you. I hope you like it” Belle spoke through the microphone as the crowd cheered and teased us. She sat down on a chair and pulled the microphone closer to her lips. I must’ve been really short not to notice the guitar that rested on her right leg. She cleared her throat and looked straight at me then winked at me as she began. I grinned.

You're all that matters - Belle Reid

“Don’t you think that it’s enough?

If I have you

And if you have me

That’s all that matters

Don’t you think that life’s been tough?

Maybe I’ll bring you up

Whenever you’re feeling down

Cause that’s all that matters

(Chorus)

That’s all that matters

Me and you and our love letters

When I say I love you

Would you tell me that you do too?

That’s all that matters

When I’m with you, everything’s better

When I say I love you

Would you tell me that you do too?

When I say I love you . . .

(Bridge)

However there’s an obstacle

We must face

Will you still hold my hand?

Even if everything’s out of place

That’s all that matters

Me and you and our letters

When I say I love you Sasha

Would you say you love me too?

My eyes widened and I felt my heart pound hard against my chest. Belle sang beautifully while playing the guitar, I’ve never seen this side of her.  She finished her song and stared at me. Wasn’t this what I was waiting for? I looked around, the cheers of the crowd got even louder and all of them chanted.

“SAY YES! SAY YES! SAY YES!”

I looked at Belle again. She was still smiling. I tuned everyone out as I exhaled my breath because what’s louder than the crowd was my head. Their chants had nothing over Yuri screaming continuously in my mind.

“SAY NO! SAY NO! SAY NOO!”

Authors Note

So so, how do you like the story so far? I really want you guys to let me know who you ship? And what do you think Sasha will say to Belle's song? :)