fourteen

MORGAN CAME TOWARDS BRUCE, and scared him when he looked at the young girl in front of me

MORGAN CAME TOWARDS BRUCE, and scared him when he looked at the young girl in front of me. He got closer to her and looked at her features. Bruce opened his mouth and the closed it making Morgan stand there silently confused as to what he was thinking. He realized who was in front of him, he came closer to Morgan.

"Morgan?" He observed as he noticed a few features resembling Tony.

She nodded and he reached for her giving her hug. Bruce really did miss young Stark. He knew that he could have helped Morgan with her powers. Bruce started to felt guilty that he couldn't help her adjust to her new abilities.

They let go of their hug making Morgan speak up, "I haven't seen you in years. How are you?" Morgan questioned while pausing. "Wait where did you come from?"

Bruce chuckled at her questions, "pretty good for a tree falling on me. I know you have a lot of questions, but we really need to stay focused to beat Thanos."

Morgan nodded at Bruce's words understanding what he was trying to say. She looked around seeing everything empty. The place was a mess. There was dust, and rumble everywhere. No one was around, you can hear the emergency sirens in a distance. She didn't hear her dad nor her best friend. Morgan faced Bruce as he was dusting off a flip phone.

"Where's my dad and Peter?" She asked worriedly.

He gave her a confusing look then looked back at the flip phone, "they went to save the Time Stone or the wizard. I think they are on the ship."

Morgan gave him a blank stare hearing that come out of Bruce's mouth. What if this was her last time seeing her dad and Peter? She shouldn't have gotten distracted when she saw Bruce. Bruce glanced towards Morgan and saw her worried expression.

"Don't worry Morgie. Your father is an professional and the other kid is also great." He paused continuing to push the buttons on the flip phone. "I have a plan."

Morgan winced at the old nickname and looked at the old, tiny flip phone. She has never completely seen a flip phone in person only on Twitter for memes.

"Thank you Bruce but everyone calls me 'M' or just 'Morgan' you know."

"Well geez—if you haven't seen Morgan, I haven't been here in years so don't push it." Bruce joked with the teenager, making Morgan laugh.

Morgan looked over his shoulder and saw the contact 'Steve Rogers' on the screen. Morgan hasn't seen or heard of his name in years. She started to get nervous and excited as he pushed the phone to his ear. Morgan waved to Bruce that she'll be back, he nodded understanding what she was gesturing to.

Flying up and going to the alley that Peter left his clothes. She hesitated to grab Peter's clothes. Morgan felt guilty that Peter could've needed help and she wasn't there. Hearing sirens nearby snapping her out of her trance, Morgan grabbed his clothes and tried to push away her guilt.

Flying back to Bruce, Morgan saw him off the phone and looked around at the surroundings. Bruce saw the young Stark land on the ground in front of him making him stumble backwards.

"Did you call him?" asked Morgan as she held Peter's clothes in one hand.

"Yeah, I did."

"Do you think they can help?"

"Morgan. They are our only hope."

Morgan nodded at his answer, "we should go to the compound. It will be safer there than out here."

Bruce gave a Morgan a confusing look, "compound?"

"Yeah. We sold the tower couple years ago. We are located in Upstate now."

Bruce nodded taking in the information. He glanced at what was Morgan holding in her hands then asked, "who's clothes are those?"

"My best friend, Peter. He's Spider-Man."

"There's a Spider-Man?"

Morgan nodded at his question making Bruce shocked. He really missed out on a lot.

As they were going to the compound, the two started to catch up. Bruce told Morgan about how he saw Thor's homeland. Morgan grew interested asking a bunch of questions at once.

Bruce brought up a fire man with a large eyebrow destroying Thor's homeland. Morgan was shocked about Thor's homeland getting destroyed and felt sick to her stomach when Bruce told her that Thanos took half of the people's life from Asgard.

Finally going back to the compound, Morgan came in and immediately saw Rhodey.

"There you are. I was getting worried something bad had happened to you." Rhodey stated going towards the teenager and hugging her. He felt relieved knowing that Morgan was okay.

Morgan pulled away from Rhodey's hug and turned to Bruce behind her who was looking around at the new environment.

Rhodey landed eyes on Bruce making his eyes widen. "Bruce." Rhodey said pausing. "Long time, no see."

The two exchanged their 'hellos' then Rhodey spoke up. "I have a meeting in a few so..." Rhodey said trailing off.

"Don't worry, I'll be in my room." Morgan said understanding Rhodey and started to walk away to go to her room. "Also we are expecting a few people."

Rhodey nodded, "I had a feeling."

Going upstairs she saw her mom pacing in the hallway, Pepper quickly went towards Morgan and gave her a hug. "You had me worried sick. I tried calling you, but you didn't answer."

"Mom, I'm fine." Morgan reassured her mom who took a couple of deep breaths, and held Morgan's face between her hands looking for any cuts or bruises on her face.

"I'm happy you are." Pepper said truthfully then turned her attention to the clothes in Morgan's hands. Seeing the left over webbing on the clothes, Pepper knew who those clothes were.

"Where's Peter?"

Morgan looked at the clothes in her hands, "he's with dad in Space I think."

"Well, if he's with your father then he's in good hands."

Morgan nodded and went toward her room. Placing the clothes in her hamper, she went towards her window to see the city empty, and the damages caused by the threat were visible. She reached down to grab her unfinished bagel, and placed it in her mouth while hoping that Peter was alright so they could argue who won the bet.

___________
author's note:

lol short chapter but i hope it's ok! it's going to get longer as we go into the story more.
awh morgan finally met bruce tehe!