twenty-four

AS SHE WAS WALKING downstairs Morgan found Pepper cooking breakfast while Megan was coloring on the table waiting for breakfast

AS SHE WAS WALKING downstairs Morgan found Pepper cooking breakfast while Megan was coloring on the table waiting for breakfast. Glancing over Megan's shoulders she saw her coloring a castle. Megan turned around to see her older sister, she reached for Morgan's cheeks making Morgan turn her attention back to her younger sister.

"Did you use my crayons to add color on your face." Megan asked while narrowing her eyes into Morgan's face.

Morgan let out a chuckle, and shook her head. "It's called 'makeup.' When you're old enough you can wear some too."

Megan smiled hearing that, and turned her attention towards the coloring book.

"Good morning." Pepper started. She glanced towards Morgan to see her fully dressed, "where are you going all dressed up?"

"I'm going to Lauren's." Morgan said casually, and placed her phone on the counter.

Pepper hesitated, "that's in the city, Morgan."

"I know, I'll be fine."

Pepper sighed debating on should she tell her daughter, but she decided to stay quiet. It wasn't her place to tell, and knew that Morgan had to find out on her own. "Be back before sunset please. It gets dangerous at night."

Morgan grabbed her phone from the counter and shoved it to her back pocket, "okay."

Morgan messed up Megan's hair as she went out the front door of their home. She pointed her hands downwards making her fly into the city that she grew up in.

As she saw buildings slowly appear, she smiled knowing that she was close to her best friend's house. Morgan hasn't seen or talked to Lauren at all since she had returned from the snap, she genuinely missed her.

She smoothly landed in front of Lauren's house. It was the same since Morgan could remember. The house brought her nostalgia remembering all the good times that they had throughout their childhood. Morgan knocked on the door and waited outside.

A man opened it, making Morgan's mouth drop.

"Josh?" Morgan asked in shock.

"Morgan?"

Josh is Lauren's older brother, and was rarely home since he went to college in California. He remembers his sister's best friend, and knew how much they cared for each other through the years. Josh looked that same since the last time Morgan had seen him making her believe that he was a victim of the snap.

"How are you?" Morgan asked him as they pulled away from their hug.

"Pretty good, actually. How about you? I heard what happened about Tony."

Just like that a picture of Tony appeared in Morgan's head. She remembered him laying there; weak. Morgan sighed and tried to smile, "better than I was yesterday."