forty-three

"STILL NOTHING?" MJ ASKED, looking at Ned and feeling her anxiety rise

"No," Ned answered, still in disbelief at what had happened.

MJ sighed while sitting at the table next to Ned. She glanced at the box and nodded, confirming her thoughts that she was having. "I'm gonna press it."

"What? No, they–"

"I know they told me to wait, but I'm gonna do it," MJ spoke, removing her eyes from the box. "We haven't heard from either of them, so I think they had to split up."

"I just wish–I just wish we could see him," Ned said, waving his arms with Doctor Strange's sling on his fingers.

A spark broke out in the middle of the room, causing both teenagers to look at the space curiously.

"Ned?"

"Yeah? Ned answered, looking down at the sling.

"Do that again."

"Yeah," Ned said, agreeing. "I just wish we could see him," he said again, waving his arms again.

A circle appeared once more but then disappeared. They stood up excitedly, knowing they were close to seeing their friend.

"Oh, okay. I just wish we could see Peter," Ned said, moving his hands in circular motions like Doctor Strange.

The circle appears with a man standing in a red and blue suit in the distance.

Ned's grandmother walked into the room towards her grandson to say something in Tagalog.

"Lola, you're right. I am magic," Ned confirmed while looking at his hands.

"Is that him?" MJ asked, squinting her eyes at the stranger within the circle.

"Yeah, yeah, it has to be," Ned said, looking at the red and blue suit.

MJ nodded and called out his name, "Peter!"

"Peter!"

The stranger ran towards them, making MJ and Ned quickly realize the difference between Peter's suit and this one. He jumped into the living room, showing a completely different suit that no one had seen before.

Ned's grandma screamed and threw a pillow at him.

"Hi! No, No, No, it's okay. It's okay. I'm a nice guy," he spoke, raising his hands to show his innocence. He took off his mask, revealing a completely different person under it.

This wasn't the Peter that MJ and Ned called for.

"Who the hell are you?" MJ asked him.

"I'm Peter Parker," the man said with almost a stubble beard across his jawline. His hair was pointed in all different directions, and his eyes were like pools of honey.