forty

SWINGING INTO THE DARKNESS WITH THE TWO OF them together felt like back when Vulture was still out there

SWINGING INTO THE DARKNESS WITH THE TWO OF them together felt like back when Vulture was still out there. This is different now; they are older, their skills have increased, and their relationship changed. A period of time that has now been a memory.

"Isn't it crazy how a few years ago we were going after a villain with wings, and now we got a villain with octopus tentacles?" Morgan asked, flying next to Peter.

She heard Peter take a breath, "I still feel kinda bad for Mr. Toomes; he just wanted to support his family."

"By trying to kill you."

"Morgan," Peter deadpanned.

Morgan softly chuckled before looking at the coordinates and turning to Peter. "You should call MJ and Ned. We are less than two minutes away."

Peter pressed his phone to have his friends displayed on his phone. He turned to look at Morgan, "you ready?"

"No, I feel like I'm going to throw up," MJ answered first. "I still don't know how you do this without throwing up."

"You are both at the site, cool. Be careful," Ned said, pushing his face toward the screen to see nothing but a forest.

"M? You ready?" Peter asked again, still not removing his eyes from her.

She nodded, "let's hunt this ghost."

They slowly lowered themselves to the ground, with darkness surrounding them. It was all thick trees and no one for at least miles, causing a chill down their spine.

Morgan looked around and had a feeling that someone was watching them. Hearing rustling behind her, she turned to see nothing, making her shake her head in annoyance that she was playing games with herself. She didn't want to activate her energy through her fingers since the "ghost" would instantly have the upper hand by seeing where they were.

"What's wrong?" Peter whispered to her as he continued to walk forward.

"I thought I heard something."

"I didn't hear anything, but then again, we are at different places," Ned stated while having a sigh be heard from MJ.

Peter whipped his head to the left, causing Morgan to do so too.

"Did you see that?" Peter asked, but Morgan shook her head no. He took in a breath, "did you guys see that?"

"Um, no," Ned spoke up once more.

"It's really dark on the screen," Michelle commented from Peter's phone.

"It's dark in person, too," Morgan said truthfully, still looking in front of her.

They looked around to find nothing but for them to be on edge. Suddenly, Peter stopped walking, making Morgan crease her eyebrows in confusion.

"What's happening?" Ned asked towards the pair.