Is It True.

Early fireworks explode in the sky, implying that the new year is soon. Smoke fills Brendon's lungs in his house. He has been broken ever since Ryan left, blood shot eyes, twitchy hands, lost in thought, and the urge to go to Build-A-Bear-Workshop every waking moment. His parents are worried about him, speaking of parents, they are here at the party Brendon was forced to throw.

     "Brendon? Are you even listening?" Brendon's mother, Mary, said. He shook his head up and her and rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah I'm just tired."

"Well you can rest when you come back." Mary states, sipping her juice.

"Where am I going?" Brendon gets up from the couch Ryan slept on that Christmas night.

  "Since you won't let your little sister play with your stuffed animal clothes, I want you to go buy her a outfit or something." She waves her hand. Brendon's breath hitches. He can't go anywhere near that place without feeling like he got shot in the heart with bullets.

      He shook his head, "I can't." She turned around and lifted her eyebrow.

"Do it now."

"You know you don't really control me anymore." Brendon challenges.

   "And who pays for your moblie bill?"

Brendon sighs, "Fine. What does she want?"

"She said she wanted a pink dress." Mary said then turned to the other adults in his house.

     Brendon rolled his eyes and gets his keys from the hook, then driving his blue car to WillowGlenn.

       He parked his car in the spot he always parked in, ever since the day they met. He tries to calm himself before walking in, taking deep breaths.

    So many memories are hitting him once he gets in the store, surprised they are still open. It's nearly 11:40 and they close at 7:00 or so when Ryan closes up. Brendon shivers at the thought and proceeds to the dresses.

    "Brendon?" A familiar voice was called out. Brendon swore everything just broke inside of him. He didn't turn around. "Brendon!" He kept his eyes closed, not wanting to look up at the person that completely lied to him.

       "Brendon? Why are you crying?" The honey eyed boy tried to touch Brendon's shoulder, but he moves away. Brendon didn't even realize he was crying. He turned around and tried to find his way back out with his head down. He can't believe this.

        "Fucking hell. Jon take over for tonight!" Ryan yelled in frustration before taking his coat and running out.

    Brendon stood out side of his car, breathing out the freezing cold air with bloodshot eyes.

"Brendon?"

"What?" He muttered while choking on his tear. A pair of arms spread around his middle, squeezing him hard.

   "I'm so sorry. I'll explain later." Ryan said into Brendon. He stood there while Ryan hugged the life out of him, eventually hugging back just to make sure he is real. It's really Ryan.

  "Get in the car." Ryan let go and opened the drivers seat with the key he stole from Brendon's back pocket during the hug.

"What? Why?"

"We are going to the park."

      Brendon gets in without hesitation.

******************************

       The car ride was awkwardly silent. Ryan was driving to some park and Brendon was looking at Ryan, continuously.

     Ryan pulled up in the parking lot of Lake Moon and said, "Were here." Ryan sits there, then he gets inpatient and unbuckled his seat belt, getting out of the car. Brendon reluctantly followed his actions.

      The place was beautiful. It was a frozen solid lake with the moon shining on it and a clear smokey sky. There was a bench and a couple trees around the lake, but no people.

       Ryan was slowly walking to the bench, hoping that Brendon was following. He sat down on the cold bench, and suddenly Brendon was next to him, staring at him as if he was a ghost.

  "I'm sorry." Ryan sighs.

  "Why did you lie to me? If you didn't want to be my friend you could have just asked and I would stop making you my life. You made me feel like shit and everything was shattered. Why would you even lie- I thought you were different." Brendon preaches.

    "First, I didn't lie. I made my decision that I wanted to stay, I wanted to stay because I need you in my life. Fuck- I couldn't bear being at the airport, I couldn't bear you crying, or recording that message. I just fucking broke down after that because I realized how much I needed you. Jesus Christ Brendon, I just didn't want to lose you." Ryan finished and squeezed the bridge of his nose with his two fingers.

    "Why didn't you tell me that you were back?"

   "I was scared."

    "Scared of what?"

  "Scared of rejection after that message."

   Brendon froze and remembered the recording that made him even more broken.

   Ryan sighed, "I'm really really sorry." He rested his head on Brendon's shoulders.  Brendon kissed Ryan's forehead, leaving it lingering.

      "I thought I lost you." Brendon whispers into the air, only the stars could hear.

      Ryan lifted his head off of Brendon's shoulder and stared into his Brown irises. He put a hand to Brendon's cheek, carresing it softly while stroking the smooth, white skin.

        He looked down at Brendon's ridiculously large lips then back at those eyes. He leaned in slowly so he wouldn't miss a moment of this, then finally brought their lips together.

         Touching ever so lightly, a loud boom echoed through the air causing them both to jump back. They laughed together, trying to hold each others upper half up when realizing it was just fireworks. It must be that time then.

     They laughed and leaned in closer again with their hands on each others shoulders. Their lips brush together harshly, kissing with full passion.

     After three minutes of pure sweetness, they pull apart and smile. Fireworks are beaming in the background, they didn't even notice when they were kissing.

     They look over at the lake and sky,

watching the fireworks for the rest of the night.

        Brendon forgot about the pink dress he was supposed to get.