Everyone but you.

The month went by too slow for Ryan. His constant working and then having school was too much for Ryan to handle. He was thinking about quitting his job for awhile, and finally resulted that he would quit. He needs to work on his studies, then maybe have a side job so he can afford his place. Build-a-bear-workshop paid to little for so many hours.

It was finally the day he was going to tell Spencer he couldn't work there any longer, it was a Friday. Spencer was in the back managing some boxes while Ryan took care of the customers with Jon. He was sitting behind the counter once again with  a book in his hands like always, not paying attention to the people in the shop. Another reason why he is quitting is because there is nothing to do but reread the same book over and over again, there is barley any customers.

        The bell dinged once again,  letting the entire freaking shop know that a person has arrived. Ryan looked up from his book.

It was the kid from like a month ago? The one that talked way to much and dressed his cat in a bear costume. Ryan eyed the strange kid. He was wearing a lavender jacket,  red shirt under, black jeans, and some black converse. Ryan noticed something that immediately brought his attention to him. He brought food and drinks in the store. A Caprisun. 

       Ryan groaned and put his book down on the counter. Then walking towards the tall boy looking at the costumes, sipping his drink. He poked his shoulder and the boy came spinning around.  He looked frightened,  squeezing his pouch a little bit.

"No drinks allowed." Ryan pointed at the juice pouch. The dark haired boy straightened up and looked at his drink.

"Oh. I'm sorry." He bit his lip nervously and set it down on one of the shelves. Ryan lifted his eyebrow. Is this kid serious?

"No littering either." He said kind of frustrated. The other boy looked at him and said, "I was going to get it afterwards. Can I do that?"

      Ryan nodded and walked away afterwards. He goes back to his desk, sitting behind it and cautiously watching the boy wonder through the costume section.  They boy occasionally looks over at Ryan, then back at the costumes. Ryan wonders why he is just buying an outfit? Usually you buy a animal with it, but there's no policy that says anything. 

      The boy wonders aimlessly through the aisle,  Ryan looking over there to see if he needed help. After awhile, the boy disappeared behind the shelf.

      Ryan jumped When he heard a crash. What the hell? He jumped up from his seat and tried to find where the noise came from. He searched the aisles and then saw a bunch of Build-A-Bear boxes on the floor, on top of what seemed the dark haired guy. Ryan grunted and immediately crouched down to start lifting the boxes off the other boy. He lifted a box which revealed his face. He was smirking.  Smirking?

"You alright?" Ryan asked him as he carefully pushed the boxes off his body.

"Yea just a little clumsy." The boy chuckles and tries to sit up, but failing miserably when another box falls on top of his head. Ryan tries not to laugh. The boy rubs his head and sits up again, successfully.

    "Yeah, I can tell." Ryan muttered. He knew that guy was clumsy after the stuffing incident awhile ago. Apparently the boy heard that and giggled. He fucking giggled. Ryan lifted his eyebrow.

"Sorry about that," He pauses, "And this." Ryan can't help but feel the sides of his mouth curve up a little bit. "It's okay. What were you doing anyway?" Ryan asked while giving a hand out for the boy to take. He takes it and stands up.

   "Um.  I don't know. Just browsing?" He said, unsure with his arms crossed and facial expression wondering. Ryan noticed the fallen ladder on the floor under more boxes.

"Were you using the ladder?" Ryan motions to it on the floor. The other boy's expression widened and he bit his lip, nervously? 

"What? No. Of course not. I mean why would I want to use a ladder anyway?  I mean ladders are just used to reach things right? You know I have never been on a ladder?" He rambles way to much. Ryan head spins as he speaks so fast. He's not used to so much speaking in a minute. 

'Wow.  Uh- That's cool." Ryan tries to answer. He doesn't even know if he said the right thing? He nods and looks at Ryan's nametag.

"Ryan?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Yea?" He wondered how he knew his name.

"Oh nothing.  I just read your name tag." The boy says as he points to the pin, pressing it lightly. Ryan felt as if he could fall over just from that little touch.

"Oh. Well Yea I'm Ryan." Ryan replies. Dark haired guy nods his head and looks around. 

"Well uh. Can you help me?" He asked him and points to the costumes. 

"Sure. What is it that you need help with?" He starts walking over to the section with the other boy following closely behind.

   "Well I want a new costume for knots and I didn't know which one I wanted." He motions to the wall of tiny animal clothes. Ryan's eyebrows knit together.

"Well wouldn't you know which one you would want? And you still named him knots?" Ryan chuckled lightly.  The other boy blushed.

"Well yeah, it's a great name. So I thought you would be good at choosing outfits too." He resulted.

  "Did the bear outfit not work out or something?" Ryan asked and tried not to laugh.  He is quite surprised he remembered it was a bear costume.

   "Well the cat didn't want to be a bear anymore. He got tired of being picked on for being a cat in bear costume, hiding his true self. He wants to come out as his real self,  like a dinosaur or something?" The boy sounded very deep in thought,  as if there was a connection.  That triggered something in Ryan's heart, it kind of just hurt for a second.  It's like he just felt bad for a stuffed cat's life. He felt as if he connected somehow.

   "Well your stuffed cat sounds like a very deep writer." Ryan said sarcastically.  The other boy scoffed and rolled his eyes. Ryan grinned and looked at the costumes. He thought about something he would want to be. A frog. It was just like him, small and not as loud, but once you get closer,  it's scary as Fuck.

     "A frog." Ryan pointed to the costume.  Dark haired guy lifted his eyebrow, "Your sure?"

Ryan nodded and gave it to him and said, "Well that's just my opinion." He walked to the front desk after that, the other one following.

"I like it then." He grinned. Ryan chuckled as he scanned the outfit. He put it in the bag and handed it over to the boy. The dark haired boy grinned before walking away.

         Before completely walking out of the door he turned around to Ryan and said, "I'm Brendon." Then he skipped away to the streets. Ryan spread a grin across his face. Brendon.  What a nice, unique name. He couldn't get it out of his head, Brendon,  the name is just so fitting.

    "Hey lover boy, stop smiling and get to work." Jon leaned on the counter with a smile. Ryan shook his head, "No, it's nothing."

"Come on Ry. I haven't seen you smile like that since I got you that book for Christmas." Jon pushed while poking his arm. Ryan rolled his eyes.

"I was just happy he finally told me his name." said Ryan. Jon hummed and strutted back to his post.

      "Hey Ross! You wanted to talk to me about something?" Spencer came from the back with a coffee in his hands. Ryan remembered now, he was going to quit his job today.

  "Um nothing.  I just wanted to say I feel more excited to work here now because we have new things in stock." Ryan tried to cover up.

"That's the spirit!" Spencer exclaimed and went back into his little cave of paper work.

    Ryan didn't want to quit his job now. Definitely not now.