When You Walk in the Room.

Days felt like years when Brendon hasn't came into Build-A-Bear-Workshop in over 1 week. Ryan felt so restless, not getting his weekly sunshine.

       Days turn into weeks. It's been two weeks and Ryan starts second guessing, I mean he was just a customer. Probably doesn't need anymore clothes anyway. Until this night.

       It was nearing 7 p.m, an hour after closing time. He was held back by this one customer that wanted her bear's dress in purple, not pink. It took an hour of constant.

"There's nothing I can do." Ryan really hated people.

    He was just locking the door too the shop on the outside, fumbling with the keys.

"Hey." Ryan nearly jumped out of his fucking skin once he heard the voice. That sweet voice that can melt millions if he could.

    Ryan turned around to the gorgeous boy standing before him. He was wearing a light blue crew neck, black skinnies,  and his regular shoes. And the glasses of course. Ryan noticed two coffees in each of his hands.

   "Hey." Ryan breathed, kind of speechless.

  "Well I can just come back tomorrow, but I think your drink would get cold by then." Brendon chuckled. Ryan nearly blushed. He bought him a drink? How sweet, he felt bad now because it was freezing a nearly °35 outside tonight.  He couldn't bear to leave him out here.

    "No no, here, we can go inside." Ryan frantically tried to get the right key with his hands frozen. "Fuck" he muttered to himself. Once he got the right key, he fumbled it into the lock, then opening it wide open, letting Brendon walk in first.

   "Thanks but you don't have too, I understand you want to get home and-" Brendon got cut off by Ryan. "No it's okay really. You look really cold, do you need anything? Maybe one of our Build-A-Bear jackets?" Ryan tried to be funny. Brendon laughed because who wouldn't laugh at a stupid Ryan Ross joke?

       "Thanks, I'm good. Here is your hot chocolate. I didn't know if you liked coffee so Yeah." Brendon said while handing over the steaming cup to Ryan. He is completely shocked by this, buying him a hot chocolate. So nice. Especially at this time at night when it's freezing out.

      "Thank you, you didn't have too at all." Ryan shakes with the warm cup in his hand.

  "It was my pleasure." Brendon smiles a confident smile and takes a tiny sip, trying not to burn his tongue. Ryan did the same.

    They stood at the counter, sipping awkwardly. Ryan broke the silence. "So what do you do?" Ryan hates himself because that sounded rude and he didn't want to be rude to him.

  "I study cosmetology. Hoping to be a professional someday. How about you Ross?" He asked. Ryan admired Brendon being a makeup artist, he doesn't seem to care what people think even though he's a guy.

"That awesome. And I want to be a journalist. Like writing." Ryan did weird hand movements while speaking.

    "Wow that's cool. Any good things going on with that?" Brendon asked with beaming eyes, as if he cared. Ryan liked that.

  "Well there's this weird offer thing across the state, but I can't get in to that." Ryan said as the end of it. He didn't want to get into that. He thinks Brendon got the picture. Ryan adds, "So um, why did you come at closing time?"

    Brendon clears his throat and says, "Well I needed some pride clothes. Like any rainbow or tye-dye stuff?" Of course, Brendon came to buy something, not to see Ryan. He mentally sighs in his head.

     "Yeah we do, but I can't sell it to you at the moment. Cash register is closed. And what did I say about drinking in the store?" Ryan smiles widely and laughs. Brendon blushes and mouthed 'oops.'

   "Don't tell on mee." Brendon mimicked a 5 years old child. It was quite adorable. Ryan chuckled.

"Let's go find your clothes." Ryan gets up and walks to the clothes.

"I thought I couldn't buy anything?" Brendon asks with a smirk.

      "You can't, but it doesn't hurt to look right?" Ryan reasoned. Brendon shrugged and stood beside Ryan, looking at the wall of clothes.

     "See anything?"

"Yes." Brendon picks up a tiny shirt that has a rainbow Smiley face on it attached with rainbow pants. "Perfect."

    "I like them." Ryan smirks at Brendon. He looks so pretty. Shut up Ryan.

      "I'll be back tomorrow to buy them. Enjoy your hot chocolate." Brendon says before walking away then turning around and calling out, "Bye Ryan Ross." He smirks.

         Ryan wonders if Brendon's gay.

********************************

       It was the next day like Brendon.promised. Ryan was closely watching Brendon from across the store, him picking out the outfit from yesterday. Then walking up to the counter and setting it down.

    "You know," Ryan scans it, "You should really get a discount card considering your here all the time." Ryan says and peeks up and him with a warm smile.

    Brendon laughs, "Totally." Ryan finishes packing up for Brendon. He wants to ask Bren if he's gay, might as well do it now and if he isn't then maybe it was for the best.

   "Hey Before you go." Ryan pauses.

"Yeah." Brendon purses his lips.

"Are you gay?" The words fell off of Ryan's tongue like water. That was weird.

     Brendon chuckled again and strutted away before calling back at Ryan and winking with that winning smile.

"Maybe."